• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Inactive B12s unique situation/sam-e

how would i know when/how much active b12 i am getting out of inactive b12 supplementation (cyano/hydroxy)

this is necessary to know because, id like to take MethylFolate as well - and i dont want to be methyl-blocked due to a lack of active b12 being formulated from the inactive's.

i do understand that Methyl B12 is "the best b12 to take" ,because its the byproduct of the inactive b12s/skips the conversion process.
--but i am in a unique situation. - Sam/Sam-e is an allosteric inhibitor to MTHFR; i supplemented w/Methionine and raised my SAM levels; and now SAM is inhibiting my folates. --- so, id prefer to take an inactive b12 now,because inactive b12's use up SAM/e to get converted to Methyl B12 ; as opposed to methyl B12 just increasing SAM.

so, if anyone has any light to shed on inactive b12s w/methylfolate supplementation, or inactive b12's relationship w/SAM-e...

thanks yall.

also @Freddd , if you have any knowledge on - how much SAM/e is produced w/b12 & methylfolate supplementation. if possible, id like raise my Folate/b12 levels much more than my SAM/e levels.
im just trying to do anything i can to maximize my "folate/SAM ratio".
so maybe supplementing as much 5MTHF as possible w/ as little B12 as possilbe w/o getting methylBlocked will reduce the SAM/e created ; as opposed to excessive b12 supplementation..
idk..