• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

In trying to get IVIG - got some immunological test results back

Marky90

Science breeds knowledge, opinion breeds ignorance
Dear Marky90,
You need to get advice from your own immunologist but I don't think you have idiopathic CD4+ lymphocytopenia and you should stop worrying. For starters, all lymphocyte subsets are low to about the same extent. That to me suggests most likely a lab artefact - maybe there was a small clot in the blood sample. And these levels are not the sort of levels I would associate with immune deficiency. In AIDS levels go much lower. I think you should note the lab comment 'this finding has uncertain meaning' which to my mind means they are not very convinced it is significant. There may be some reason why you have lymphopenia in all subsets and there are standard things to look for but idiopathic CD+ lymphocytopenia is about the rarest of all of them. Wait until you get advice from the immunologist.

Hey prof!
I got back results from the second blood test on this

Cd3 – 1096

Cd4- 727

Cd8- 365

Cd19- 238

Cd4+ naiv t : 99.3

Plasmablasts. 0.1 (last time 0.4)

So it seems you were right that it were an lab artifact? They cant vary so much in the space of 2-3 months?
Well it made me happy at least :D
Dont know what the high cd4 + and low plasmablast is about
Have a nice weekend.

Jonathan Edwards

"Gibberish"
Hey prof!
I got back results from the second blood test on this

Cd3 – 1096

Cd4- 727

Cd8- 365

Cd19- 238

Cd4+ naiv t : 99.3

Plasmablasts. 0.1 (last time 0.4)

So it seems you were right that it were an lab artifact? They cant vary so much in the space of 2-3 months?
Well it made me happy at least :D
Dont know what the high cd4 + and low plasmablast is about
Have a nice weekend.

The weekend should be good. We are flying to Muscat tomorrow.

Lymphocyte numbers go up and down like autumn leaves on the pavement really, especially plasmablasts. Lymphocytes in the blood are just passing through. Some days are busy, others not. So I am not surprised.

Marky90

Science breeds knowledge, opinion breeds ignorance
The weekend should be good. We are flying to Muscat tomorrow.

Lymphocyte numbers go up and down like autumn leaves on the pavement really, especially plasmablasts. Lymphocytes in the blood are just passing through. Some days are busy, others not. So I am not surprised.

An interesting update:

Got a call from the prof, he wondered if I wanted to take part in some research that are to be conducted on patients with double positive lymphocytes (CD45RA and CDRO). The gist I got is that they are interested in seeing if it might predispose for autoimmune conditions, and they were going to do a lot of gene sequencing. Can`t wait to take part in it! :) Apparently a lot of patients were showing the above mentioned double positivity, and it were only in later times they had begun to take notice, as the tests are more specialized. Might not mean anything, but exiting nonetheless.