Professor & patients' paper on the solvable biological challenge of ME/CFS: reader-friendly version
Simon McGrath provides a patient-friendly version of a peer-reviewed paper which highlights some of the most promising biomedical research on ME/CFS ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

In need of some good TV shows

Discussion in 'Lifestyle Management' started by trickthefox, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Tyto alba

Tyto alba

Fargo series one and two. Looking forward to the third.

Edit to add a few more:

Firefly
    Monty Python
    Only Fools and Horses
    The X-Files
    Black Adder
    Red Dwarf

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    Valentijn and Joh like this.
  2. Joh

Joh Senior Member

Germany
    Started the third season of Broadchurch. Guess it's a bad sign if you envy fictional characters for their fictional therapists? ;) In the latest episode the therapist (or counsellor) said to her client: "Everything you're feeling - sadness, anger, despair - is natural in your situation. I am here to support you, together we will find a light at the end of the tunnel. You are coping very well."

I envied the fictional character so much for this kind of support, those were exactly the words I would have needed so much to hear when I fell ill with 22 and instead only got accusations from therapists on top of the losses. This kind of support, that simply validates your experience would still mean everything to me. Maybe I need to move to Broadchurch. :)

3. lauluce

lauluce as long as you manage to stay alive, there's hope

argentina
    the expanse is excellent, and it already has one season and 8 episodes of a second one

alex3619 and slysaint like this.
  4. perchance dreamer

perchance dreamer Senior Member

@Valentijn, I just finished Braindead and loved it! It was so funny and smart while being topical.

I see that the woman who played Laurel, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, is going to be in the next season of Fargo, along with Ewan McGregor. I saw a brief trailer and would not have recognized Ewan McGregor. It must have taken a lot of work to make such a handsome guy look that godawful. Can't wait!

Valentijn likes this.
  5. moateyboatey

moateyboatey

Sydney, Australia
    Hey guys
    I'm currently really enjoying the American tv show Elementary. Main character is an English Sherlock Holmes (not played by B Cumberbatch - latest British series of Sherlock was pretty shit btw ) set in NYC alongside a female Joan Watson starring Lucy Liu. Great standalone episodes with crime solving, intelligent comedy-drama.

6. Hotch

Hotch Hotch

Sydney nosw Australia
    If you have Netflix, "Designated survivor" is excellent. Our son and daughter in law who are in America put us onto it. It is the only show they watch. It's in its first season?
    PLOT- the night of the State of the Union address, an explosion claims the lives of the President and all members of his Cabinetexcept for U.S. Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Tom Kirkman, who had been named the designated survivorprior to the address. Kirkman is immediately sworn in as President, unaware that the attack is just the beginning of what is to come.

See more popular forum discussions.