• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

In Memory of Tink Bastian

Kati

Patient in training
May you rest in peace, Tink.

image.jpeg

Last edited:

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
The rate of loss seems to be increasing.
My hope is that we are just hearing more about it through being engaged with social media. It is very hard to know how many are dying and our hearts go out to all those experiencing loss. I hope that our engagement leads to greater support to those who are suffering so much.

RIP Tink and rest well and gently all who are still suffering.

Gingergrrl

Am sorry to hear about another innocent soul passing away and also wonder if the rates are increasing vs. more reporting of it on social media?

Either way it is heartbreaking and am so sorry to the family and friends of Tink (what a great nickname!).

Tink, may your memory serve as a blessing to all who knew and loved you. Am so glad we have this special forum to pay our respects. May you be at true peace now.

Groggy Doggy

Am sorry to hear about another innocent soul passing away and also wonder if the rates are increasing vs. more reporting of it on social media?.
I think that we are seeing the long term impact of ME/CFS patients taking prescribed medicines written by doctors that really don't understand (or acknowledge) our illness. We increasingly are becoming a drug based society, "take a pill and it will fix it", and many of us on on multiple drugs. Because the drugs we take, and specifically the drug interactions, are not studied on ME/CFS patients, we are essentially gambling with our lives.

GD

Does anyone know how any of these people died? Drug overdose? Suicide? Cancer? Heart Disease?
At least two were killed by cancer in the last year or so. A few others seem to have been suicide. One was suggested to have closely followed a denial of disability benefits ... in New York perhaps?