• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

In Memory of Sophia Mirza.

Dolphin

Sophia.png

Interview with Criona, mother of Sophia Mirza, in Irish Independent

A few more details in the story would have been good but highlights severe M.E.

http://www.independent.ie/health/cas...e-2091686.html

Real life: The long goodbye

Devoted mum Criona Wilson helplessly watched on as chronic ME took the life of her daughter Sophia. Now, she is fighting to raise awareness about this debilitating illness

I'm not posting the full article as I'm hoping to get it in the top 10 most read.

Feel free to highlight link elsewhere e.g. blog, Facebook, Bebo, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

justinreilly

Thanks Tom; great article! It takes ME seriously!
(only little critique i'd have is that Sophia is not the only one to ever have ME on her death certificate and many more than that have had their death caused by ME, but had another proximate cause like lymphoma, suicide, heart disease, catastrophic encephalitis etc. put on the certificate instead)

Dolphin

Thanks Tom; great article! It takes ME seriously!
(only little critique i'd have is that Sophia is not the only one to ever have ME on her death certificate and many more than that have had their death caused by ME, but had another proximate cause like lymphoma, suicide, heart disease, catastrophic encephalitis etc. put on the certificate instead)
Thanks Justin.

Fair point about the death certs.

I don't think the article fully makes clear that Sophia and her mum were making rational choice.

Article is now third most e-mailed so well done to anybody who E-mailed in on.

ETA: At the time of this edit, it is the most E-mailed. :victory:

justinreilly

Thanks Min; great article! It takes ME seriously!
(I'll nitpick and say the only little critique i'd have of the article is that Sophia is not the only one to ever have ME on her death certificate and many more than that have had their death caused by ME, but had another proximate cause like lymphoma, suicide, heart disease, catastrophic encephalitis etc. put on the certificate instead)

Dolphin

It's up to the second most e-mailed article. Would be nice to make first.

ETA: At the time of this edit, it is the most E-mailed. :victory: