• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

In Memory of Rich Van Konynenburg.

beaverfury

beaverfury
Unbelievable. I have only been on the forum for a short time but i was amazed at the time and patience Rich would spend on contributing to the forum in answering queries and trying to find solutions for people.

Its a sad loss for your family and for the me/cfs family. I am so very sorry

jace

Off the fence
I am so sorry for your tragic loss, and can't imagine how you must be feeling now. Rich was such a huge help to so many, the whole community will mourn the loss of such a kind and knowledgeable member of our community

thegodofpleasure

Player in a Greek Tragedy
I am extremely saddened to hear this news.
Rich was one of the good guys and he gave hope and encouragement to many, otherwise desperate, people.
There is no finer quality in a person and he will therefore be greatly missed

Spring

Diana, I'm very sorry for the loss of your husband. He is obviously a great loss to this community too. He will be missed a lot. My thoughts are with you.

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Oh Diana, i am so very sorry to hear of your loss and very thankful at your generosity of spirit in letting the M.E/CFS community know.
Rich was an amazing man with a keen mind and large heart, he will be so terribly missed.

Justine x

RosieBee

This is devastating news. I am so sorry Diana for your tragic loss. Rich was such a warm, generous and well-respected man. He will be very much missed not only for his dedicated intellectual contribution but also for his kindness and understanding. My thoughts go out to you and your family.

arx

I'm shocked to hear this extremely sad news. Very sorry for your loss,Diana.
I am thankful to him for his immense contribution here. He will be missed by thousands here.

RIP Rich.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Diana I am so very sorry to hear of your loss, I can't imagine how hard it was for you to write to us.
Rich was simply one of life's great men.
Sincere condolences to you and your family at this sad time.

I can't believe this news. Rich will be terribly missed here because of who he was and everything he did for us.
I'm so sorry for your loss. He will never be forgotten.
R.I.P. Rich

Daffodil

i am so, so sorry. he was such a selfless man. he was helping a previously bedbound friend of mine and giving him hope. rich was a rare human being and we were so lucky to have him for as long as we did. love you rich, wherever you are.

vli

I am sitting here stunned and heartbroken. Rich gave us all so much especially those of us who ever did methylation--although he also helped me understand many other non-methylation issues through his sheer generosity in posting in this forum. He was instrumental in getting Dr Myhill to look at methylation in the first place as there was not a single doctor in the UK who looked at methylation five years ago--I know this because I spoke to Dr Myhill herself in 2007.

I remember Rich once or twice mentioning he was a Christian and being the only Christian PWC I know in my immediate circle his hope and persistence at hacking away at our disease somehow gave me encouragement at various points of my life over the past five years that I have written to him and read his replies and posts. The cfs community has lost a great man and an incredible mind. He will be sorely missed.

Vli