Julie Rehmeyer's 'Through the Shadowlands'
Writer Never Give Up talks about Julie Rehmeyer's new book "Through the Shadowlands: A Science Writer's Odyssey into an Illness Science Doesn't Understand" and shares an interview with Julie ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

In Memory of Frantisek Rajtoral

Discussion in 'In Memory of ...' started by quasar, May 3, 2017.

1. quasar

quasar

Last edited: May 3, 2017
  2. Tammy

Tammy Senior Member

New Mexico
    :bouquet:Sorry to hear this.

barbc56, SamanthaJ, -Jessie- and 3 others like this.
  3. Mij

Mij Senior Member

Where does it say he had CFS? I've read he suffered from depression.

barbc56 likes this.
  4. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Senior Member

Vancouver, British Columbia
    According to Wikipedia he was diagnosed with CFS in 2008 and then had a relapse in 2014.

barbc56, taniaaust1 and mrquasar like this.
  5. quasar

quasar

Yes, wikipedia says.

I am not surprising you read he suffered from depression. Because media and most of doctors don't believe there is a serious disease called CFS. Reason of depression is more acceptable for them. How can we tell them depression can be a result of this disease.

barbc56 and taniaaust1 like this.
  6. trishrhymes

trishrhymes Senior Member

UK
    That is such a tragic story. My sympathies to anyone who knew him.

barbc56 and quasar like this.
  7. Kati

Kati Patient in training

So very sad. So young. :( May he rest in peace. Condoleances to family and friends.

barbc56 and quasar like this.
  8. barbc56

barbc56 Senior Member

So young. Condolences to Frantisek's friends and family. May you treasure the positive memories you have had.

Little Bluestem and quasar like this.
  9. perrier

perrier Senior Member

May this charming young chap rest in eternal peace. This illness tortures the young...

barbc56, quasar and TiredSam like this.
  10. BFitz89

BFitz89

Charlotte, NC
    The Czech news apparently is giving CFS as the why to his actions. I wish I spoke Czech or knew how to use Google translate so I could get a better understanding. Apparently they go into more detail.

RIP.

barbc56 likes this.
  11. Tuha

Tuha Senior Member

I dont want to make doubts about his diagnosis but I think it´s not sure that he had CFS. I think you cannot be a professional sportman with this diagnosis. I know it from my own experiences. I was a professional football player but I had to stop it after few weeks after I got CFS and I have to say that my CFS wasnt that bad during the first 8 years - I worked full-time but to do sport was impossible. You would collapse because your muscle and heart weakness dont allow it.
    I also read many czech articles about this sad story and they all mix the terms CFS, chronic fatigue, depression,..
    So we would need more informations if he really had CFS but anyway it´s a sad story. In czech republic there is no doctor who is expert in CFS and the authorities and medical guidelines even dont recognise CFS.

See more popular forum discussions.