August 8th, 2016: Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis
Jody Smith joins with other ME voices in honor of Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

In Memory of Bevan Jeffery (beaverfury)

Discussion in 'In Memory of ...' started by Sushi, Mar 9, 2015.

1. redrachel76

redrachel76 Senior Member

Israel
    I read this thread yesterday but felt too depressed to reply. I remembered the post about losing his girlfriend with this horrible illness.
    Rest In Peace

Gray Lady, barbc56, merylg and 12 others like this.
  2. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Hibernating

South Australia
    Just saw this today. I must admit I'm not taking it well as I've been feeling seriously depressed for the last few weeks and losing one of us here, well...

Gray Lady, GracieJ, barbc56 and 15 others like this.
  3. SDSue

SDSue Southeast

Florida
    So sad. So terribly sad. RIP BeaverFury. :(

Gray Lady, barbc56, merylg and 10 others like this.
  4. LisaGoddard

LisaGoddard Senior Member

Really sad to read this. I had seen his posts and I'm sorry that I didn't get to know him.
    It made me stop and pray for others who are feeling hopeless right now.

5. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    The family, I am told, is keeping private. One member of another forum is in contact with them and I am in contact with her. We will send condolences as soon as we have contact information.

brenda, Gray Lady, GracieJ and 16 others like this.
  6. barbc56

barbc56 Senior Member

Thanks @Sushi People deal with grief in different ways. You want to reach out but at the same time respect what the family wants.

Barb

Gray Lady, merylg, August59 and 6 others like this.
  7. MeSci

MeSci ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?

Cornwall, UK
    Hopefully in time they will be able to draw some comfort from the fact that a lot of people cared about Bevan.

Gray Lady, merylg, justy and 9 others like this.
  8. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    brenda, Gray Lady, GracieJ and 15 others like this.
  9. catly

catly Senior Member

outside of NYC
    Oh no, more sad news--I hope he finds eternal peace. My deepest sympathy to his family, friends and to the PR community who knew him.

Gray Lady, barbc56, merylg and 5 others like this.
  10. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    @Ema was Bevan selling these before he passed away? I so regret that I did not know or buy one then. Thank you for sharing this with us. He was very talented.

11. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    Yes, he was selling them before. I, too, regret that I didn't buy one then or tell him more often how talented he was. I thought there would be more chances.

WillowJ, Gray Lady, barbc56 and 7 others like this.
  12. CantThink

CantThink Senior Member

England, UK
    I don't know what to say, so I'll just say:

I'll miss your posts Beaverfury.

13. anne_likes_red

anne_likes_red Senior Member

Such a sad loss. Condolences to his family and friends.

Rest in peace Bevan.

14. RML

RML Senior Member

I read this late last night just as I was going to bed. It feels strange to say how deeply sad and effected I was learning this, as I didn't know him, or never really interacted or chatted with him on here. I didn't even know his real name, but by sharing or reading each other's stories/experiences, we can almost identify with them and feel connected somehow.

When I first got my Lyme results back positive nearly a year ago, his topic Beaver Gets Lymed was one of the first I read and gave me much information. One thing that really struck me was how he put it 'I was not really interested in having Lyme' (paraphrasing) , I thought it was a funny and interesting way of putting it!!! I was naive then, delighted to have some results and knowledge finally what was wrong with me, I soon realised reading his thread that actually ahead of me was not an easy ride nor a simple solution once I now had results.

Last night I read his about page on his blog, and the bit about 'the old me died when I got this illness' , well it left me with tears in my eyes as I logged off to go to sleep. It resonated with me and some things I have been thinking and feeling lately. I may not have known him, but I will miss him and wish I did know him better really.

Rest in Peace Bevan, and condolences to his loved ones, if they happen to read this.

And yes, he was very talented, I really love his almond blossom art piece.

15. NK17

NK17 Senior Member

I'm deeply saddened to read about the passing of Bevan.
    I remember reading some of his posts when I first joined PR. He was one of us and his loss is a terrible blow to his family and loved ones as much as to the greater family of sufferers.
    My condolences to his family, there's not much more I can say now.
    I think I'll listen to some classical music now and think about him and think about the strength we all need to go on.

16. Hell...Hath...No...Fury..

Hell...Hath...No...Fury.. Senior Member

UK
    Absolutely devastating. Just read this now and i can't stop crying. Its such a shock. I didnt know him personally but i feel heartbroken. I always loved reading his posts and loved his humour.

Another family member lost. Gone but never, ever forgotten.

I'm so, deeply sorry it all became too much Bevan. You will be greatly missed by so many people.

RIP Bevan

17. NK17

NK17 Senior Member

"There must be music in paradise." from Bevan's blog
    RIP Bevan Jeffery

beaker, Gray Lady, barbc56 and 9 others like this.
  18. MeSci

MeSci ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?

Cornwall, UK
    Thanks, @Ema.

Maybe the site should be informed that he has passed away. They still have a link and a form to contact Bevan, and someone has left a message to him, clearly not realising that he is no longer with us.

Gray Lady and barbc56 like this.
  19. justy

justy Senior Member

U.K
    Thanks for writing this. These have been my thoughts also and I have been mulling over the fact that while we all on PR interact, often daily, about our lives, we don't really get to know each other.

I never knew that Bevan was an artist - or that his artwork was so beautiful and sensitive. I didn't know he was only a little younger than me, or that his art was available to buy online. Wouldn't it be great if we knew more about each other and who we really are? wouldn't it be great if the craftspeople, writers, artists, cake bakers, photographers, lawyers, teachers, and scientists shared more about themselves, about who they really are?

I propose a new sub-forum for members only where people can start to connect on this level and talk about their interests and life experiences; a thread where people can be themselves and not their illness. EMA is right that the time to support each other and be a real community is now, not some unspecified future time.

I know we have the community lounge, but im just throwing this out there as an idea (with no wish to de rail this thread, but if this new sub- forum/thread is a goer then it will be inspired by Bevan's life)

Daffodil, helen1, brenda and 16 others like this.
  20. barbc56

barbc56 Senior Member

I just looked at Bevan's painting. It's beautiful!

Thank you @Ema . I had no idea he painted.

Maybe one of his paintings could be used as a memorial symbol.

Barb

See more popular forum discussions.