International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day Is On May 12, 2018
Thomas Hennessy, Jr., selected May 12th to be our international awareness day back in 1992. He knew that May 12th had also been the birthday of Florence Nightingale. She was the English army nurse who helped to found the Red Cross as well as the first school of nursing in the world.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

In memory of anonymous victims of ME

Discussion in 'In Memory of ...' started by Ravn, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Ravn

Ravn Senior Member

Thought it would be good to have a thread for those who wish to acknowledge a friend lost to ME but who cannot post the name or identifying details out of respect for the wishes of the family.

This was prompted by the recent suicide of a good friend (not a member here) who suffered decades of ME, severe initially then mostly moderate. Finally a last severe spell with intractable excruciating pain became unbearable.

Dearest friend, I'm forever indebted to you because when I first fell ill you put aside your own preferences for privacy and discretion around your own health, despite hardly knowing me back then, and put me on the right track for diagnosis and treatment, or rather avoidance of harmful treatments. Without your intervention I would have made myself much, much worse by trying to exercise myself out of my peculiar 'unfitness'. And you made me laugh like few others could!

Thank you my friend, you've been a great support. I am so sorry nobody could help you when you needed it most.

RIP and free of pain.

2. Diwi9

Diwi9 Senior Member

USA
    @Ravn - What a beautiful tribute to a friend. I'm sorry for your personal loss and the loss to our community. One cannot measure another's suffering and sometimes hope can no longer blanket pain.

Little Bluestem, alkt, Lolo and 4 others like this.

See more popular forum discussions.