• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

In Belgium to see KDM

Lala

thanks lala
Are our results low?
are you on treatment

The results can change during treatment and can rise when you kill many bugs and these are released to the blood. You would better consult this with your doctor. Yes, I am on treatment, but not with KDM.

Thinktank

To the people on abx for Lyme's or co-infections, have you noticed any improvement in cognitive function whilst / after treatment? Like reduced brain-fog, improved memory, less anxiety etc.
I recently read a paper about a few patients who had been classed with several psychiatric illnesses like bipolar disease, psychosis, mania etc. whilst they really just had lymes / neuroborreliose and almost if not all symptoms vanished after abx treatment. Just proves how full of s... the whole psychiatry / psychology field is in many cases.

Hi,

Just found out my children have Lyme
I tested positive for Borrelia burgdorferi Elispot LTT from Infectolab

With red laboratories, I was negative on western blot and PCR
Positive for Chlamydia pneumonia on serology

My results:
Borrelia burg. Fully Antigen: +7
Borrelia OSP- MIX (OSPA/OSPC/DbpA: +6
Borrelia LFA-1:+ 2

Now I have found out that my children have it. At least I am certain my daughter has it. Not sure about my son. Can anybody interpret these results?
Are they reliable? Are infectolabs reliable?
What am I going to do?

I saw this doctor in England two months ago when I recently told him my results, he said the tests were rubbish so i know i will not get my case transferred to the NHS.
My children seem healthy, I am not
I am so confused

My daughter's results she is nearly 5
Borrelia burg. Fully Antigen:+5
Borrelia OSP- MIX (OSPA/OSPC/DbpA: 2
Borrelia LFA-1:+2

MY Son's results he is nearly 17:
Borrelia burg. Fully Antigen: + 2
Borrelia OSP- MIX (OSPA/OSPC/DbpA: +2
Borrelia LFA-1: 1

Other relevant results for me:

Relative lymhopenia
panel igG/igm and pcr zoonoses negative
nagalese activity: slightly increased
chlamydia pneumonia IgG positive
PGE2 increased
CD57+ lymphocytes: low in number
C4a:low
C3a:normal
soluble CD4: normal
cytokines in the serum: il-8 increased
urine nerotoxin: negative
foodstats normal
faecal microbial analysis: high gram positive/gramnegative bacterial ratio low% bifidobacterium

Should I trust these results?
Can anybody advise me?
I'm so sorry szenn... :( ((szenn))

Daffodil

I am starting to wonder if all mental illness isn't the product of something else entirely.

I also have a "bipolar" diagnosis

I like that KDM individualizes treatment. I was prescribed Daosin too, but not Naproxen. I guess I was not prescribed infrared sauna because I have no joint pain...

Szenn, since you have had Lyme only 5 years, it makes sense that you would feel bad on abx right away. I have been sick so long, it took me almost 3 months to "Herx" (at least I am hoping that is what this is).

:-/

cigana

To the people on abx for Lyme's or co-infections, have you noticed any improvement in cognitive function whilst / after treatment? Like reduced brain-fog, improved memory, less anxiety etc.
I recently read a paper about a few patients who had been classed with several psychiatric illnesses like bipolar disease, psychosis, mania etc. whilst they really just had lymes / neuroborreliose and almost if not all symptoms vanished after abx treatment. Just proves how full of s... the whole psychiatry / psychology field is in many cases.
I have been on treatment for Bartonella and Borrelia for around 9months and no change yet.

cigana

And no change after 9 months . This is very discouraging.
Have you been ill long?
What does KDM think about the lack of change?
I have been ill for around 3 years before I started with KDM. He said that since I have a lot of coinfections (I have rickettsia too) it will take longer than just the Lyme.
I have to say I have read many cases which took years before symptoms improved.

Oh ok
That's more encouraging
Feel desperate for my children, can't believe they have it.
How do you think you got yours?
The NHS are rubbish aren't they

cigana

Oh ok
That's more encouraging
Feel desperate for my children, can't believe they have it.
How do you think you got yours?
The NHS are rubbish aren't they
The NHS are worse than useless when it comes to Lyme or CFS.
From what I've read children do respond much better than adults to antibiotics for Lyme, so I would be quite hopeful in their case.

The NHS are worse than useless when it comes to Lyme or CFS.
From what I've read children do respond much better than adults to antibiotics for Lyme, so I would be quite hopeful in their case.

That's what I like to hear. Thanks Cigana
Where you from in the UK

Marlène

Infectolab is a good lab as far as I'm informed.
Small children heal faster I've the impression.

Rickettsia is a tough one indeed.

To heal from Lyme I guess you first have to boost the immune system before handling the Lyme in order to get results.
I tried Low Dose Naltrexone first (about 2y) which was real ordeal to be honest. Often I could not even make a sandwich for my kids.
But now after just a few months of antibiotics, the results are simply amazing. There are days I'm still very sick but other days I feel just great and definitively on the healing track.

I tested very positive on chlamydia pneumonia which needs the same antibiotics as Lyme, babesia and bartonella.

I also booked an appointment with KDM and am going to visit him. I have been severely sick for a few years and have tried so many different therapies to no avail.

One of my main symptoms are gut issues. I read a lot that KDM tests for various gut imbalances and I would be eager to hear if he recommended anything for gut to any of you? Anything like some special probiotics or anything that would repair gut lining?

I'd like to give my humble opinion about Lyme disease. I live in rural central Europe where Lyme is extremely common. Even mainstream doctors recognize that about 30% of people living in my country are Lyme positive yet majority of people who are Lyme positive won't develop symptoms. Ticks are so common on the street where I lived on that people there pull a tick off of their body every other day yet majority is healthy. Statistically every fourth tick carries Lyme bacteria. Considering how many ticks these people had in their lifetime it is impossible they wouldn't be infected.

I'm saying this because you can be positive on any Lyme test (Western blot, PRC, ELISA, LTT...) but that does not mean that you have active Lyme disease. What these tests are measuring is the presence of antibodies against Lyme bacteria. That means you may have been infected by Lyme sometime in the past but you don't necessarily have active bacteria right now. The only test out there that measures activity of Lyme is CD57 test. This test measures how strongly certain subset of natural killer (NK) cells is suppressed. The blood for this test has to be analized as soon as possible because every 24 hours about 20-25% of cells die and the test is easily wrong. Still the test is not fully studied yet.

The question really is why majority of people who are infected with borrelia don't develop chronic symptoms but some will develop severe symptoms. Why in most cases Lyme is cured by short term antibiotics (1 month of Doxy) but some people need years of long-term antibiotics to feel somewhat better? I believe it comes down to our immunity. I really don't want to offend anyone but I know so many people who have been taking antibiotics for years and each time they stopped they relapsed. I don't know if this is the best approach to treat Lyme. I think we need to fix our gut which is central to everything (most of immunity resides in gut), our nutritional deficiencies, methylation abnormalities, and so on before proceeding to Lyme. I think a healthy immune system should kick out Lyme easily.

Thinktank

Sebby, a damaged gut equals chronic illness and impaired immunity in most. But with "lyme's" the problem is it can mimic inflammatory bowel disease, you can try to heal the gut with diet, supplements etc. but that won't work as long as the spirochete is causing the damage. I'm not literate on the lyme's subject yet but i think you need to kill off the bug and/or any co-infections, then immediately treat the gut and immune system.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I also booked an appointment with KDM and am going to visit him. I have been severely sick for a few years and have tried so many different therapies to no avail.
...I'm saying this because you can be positive on any Lyme test (Western blot, PRC, ELISA, LTT...) but that does not mean that you have active Lyme disease. What these tests are measuring is the presence of antibodies against Lyme bacteria. That means you may have been infected by Lyme sometime in the past but you don't necessarily have active bacteria right now. The only test out there that measures activity of Lyme is CD57 test. This test measures how strongly certain subset of natural killer (NK) cells is suppressed. The blood for this test has to be analized as soon as possible because every 24 hours about 20-25% of cells die and the test is easily wrong. Still the test is not fully studied yet.

Ask KDM to also give you the Infectolab LTT test. This also measures active Lyme infections. I am also one of his patients.

Best wishes,
Sushi

Lala

The problem is, in many cases lyme damaged our nerves and then we can have severe problems with our gut, yet the gut itself can be quiet ok, I mean gut lining etc. The severe abdominal pain could be just inflamed nerves around our abdominal organs and then treating just gut will not improve symptoms.