1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Can You Come for a Visit? My ME/CFS Says No
My daughter and son-in-law just had a baby last week. We are thrilled. But we won't be able to see the baby or hold her any time soon. We won't be able to take over little gifts or help out with housework or babysitting.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Imunovir and Inosine. What is the difference?

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by minkeygirl, Mar 8, 2014.

1. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Senior Member

Left Coast
    Can someone explain to me (really dumbed down please) the difference between these besides that one is RX and one is OTC? And wasn't there a third?

I'm getting some labs back I hope next week with NK Cell Function and other immune tests and I want to approach my doctor with some stuff for the immune system.

Thanks
  2. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    @heapsreal knows a lot about this.

Sushi
  3. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Senior Member

Left Coast
    Thanks for Tagging him. I know there is a thread about this but it was too long for me to figure it out. I need dumbed down information.
  4. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    Inosine is the main ingredient in immunovir which also has a few other things which i think increase the half life of the product, there maybe more to it. After trying both i found the immunovir seem to help more where i just dont get much out of inosine. Immunovir did increase my nk numbers some.

try inosine first as its cheap and see how it works for you, if it helps then great its something cheap that helps??
    minkeygirl likes this.
  5. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Senior Member

Left Coast
    Thanks @heapsreal Should I wait til I have test results or is it something I can just take?

At this point I'll take anything that helps so I'm batting zero these days.!

Oh there was a thread where you and some others talked about this oh and Isoprinosine. What is that?
  6. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    Isoprinosine is immunovir, i would wait until u get your tests back. Not sure its something that will help straight away, like anything that treats viruses it takes time to knock'm down but then it does have some amti inflammatory effects.
  7. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Senior Member

Left Coast
    Ok. Now I got it. For now. You know I'll forget in 10 minutes LOL!

I'm gonna call about my labs Monday. The doc said it would take awhile but the lab said just a week longer. I want them before my appt with the naturopath.

Thanks @heapreal!
    heapsreal likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.