1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Lipkin Microbiome Crowdfunding Campaign Launches!
An ambitious $1.27m international, patient-led fundraising campaign storms into action. Sasha invites you to join it!
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Improving Using Rife and MMS for Lyme

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease and Co-Infections' started by Wayne, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Ashland, Oregon
    I've not done any Rife sessions or MMS for many months, as I began doing some homeopathy for Lyme and didn't want to mix the modalities. After getting limited results from homeopathy for Lyme (for now), then taking a break from ALL therapies for the past several months, I'm going to retry some of the things I've done in the past.

I did a Rife session yesterday afternoon, doing 2 minutes for each frequency. It definitely "took the edge off" my constantly agitated neurologically system, and I fell into a light nap. By evening, I had a headache, and then woke up with various aches and pains throughout my body, and very stuffy sinuses as well (herx reactions I assume).

But I do seem a bit more cognitively focused today, and anticipate restarting this whole Rife program for Lyme. I also plan to start using more Rife frequencies for other things, such as gut dysbiosis, various viruses, fungi and bacteria, and much more. I'll post more if I achieve some notable improvements along the way.

Best, Wayne
    merylg likes this.
  2. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Senior Member

West Coast USA
    Wayne any updates on this approach? Thanks.
  3. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Ashland, Oregon
    Hi Sparrowhawk, actually, fairly good timing on your inquiry.

I haven’t done anything with Rife and MMS for probably over a year now. My partner had mentioned to me that she noticed that whenever I did the Rife, I would go down in a pretty major way, apparently even more so than I myself noticed. [I need to include however, that I did have periods of feeling much better than normal]. In conjunction with this, I recalled David Jernigan cautioning against putting so much stress from Lyme bacteria dieoff and herx reactions on an already overly burdened system. And so I decided to take a break from it all.

This cessation, or taking a break from Rife and MMS, coincided with my deciding to try another approach. That was trying to use homeopathy to more gently get my system to “fortify” itself, so that it could not only better handle Lyme dieoff, but would also tweak my immune system in a way so that my body was no so vulnerable to the Lyme bacteria to begin with. I wrote fairly extensively on my homeopathy experiments HERE.

After several months of experimenting with the homeopathy approach, I felt I found myself essentially “treading water”. That is, feeling the effects of the homeopathy, but not really feeling like I was moving out of the entrenched cycles associated with long-term chronic Lyme.

I shortly afterwards went to see a new ND in town, who claimed to have successfully treated many of his patients with Lyme, with homeopathy being a primary component of his approach. He described in detail in our first meeting how he goes about treatment, with each patient given individualized care, and addressing various layers of a weakened body in a very methodical way. He felt finding my constitutional remedy to start out with was more important than starting Lyme specific remedies.

But even before starting the constitutional remedy, he felt I needed to address my recently diagnosed severe hypothyroidism and Hashimoto’s Disease [see another separate thread HERE]. The past several months have been mostly about addressing the thyroid issues [plus dealing with some difficult lower back problems]. But now that I feel my thyroid is functioning more normally [I will be getting another test shortly], I felt ready to try my constitutional remedy.

So, I started it just five days ago. My ND recommended a dropperful of a homeopathic liquid every morning and evening [about 15 drops worth of solution]. Given how sensitive my body is, I decided to start out with just one drop instead of 15. I’ve been adding another drop every day to my doses, and am now up to five.

The results have so far been fairly encouraging. It’s still early in this latest experiment, but I seem to get a noticeable boost in the hours after taking my morning dose. But I've also had feelings of my neurological system and brain being somewhat “contorted”. This has felt “mildly” disconcerting, but I’ve so far not become overly concerned, as the positive effects of taking this remedy have far outweighed some of the contorted feelings I’ve felt. — I’ve also noticed times of feeling much more relaxed than my normally agitated neurological system allows me to feel. Also, yesterday was one of my best days in quite some time. I think it’s more than a coincidence that this occurred shortly after starting this most recent homeopathic remedy.

So, the jury is still out on this latest phase of my Lyme treatment odyssey. Regarding the Rife that I started out with, and the Lyme specific homeopathy I followed up with. My plan is to continue to “fortify” my body with my ongoing thyroid treatment protocols, and the recent constitutional remedy. My hope is that doing so will allow me to deal with [at some future time] some of the more stressful aspects of the RIFE, MMS and Lyme specific homeopathy [herx reactions] much better than I have in the past.

Thanks for your inquiry Sparrowhawk. It was just what I needed to get my thoughts down at a time when I’m able to. Sometimes when I don’t do so, my cold molasses type brain fog keeps me from pulling disparate aspects of my treatment protocols together in a way that serves as a yardstick for myself going forward.

Regards, Wayne
    madietodd likes this.
  4. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Senior Member

West Coast USA
    Super update, Wayne, thanks and glad to hear the new approach seems to be fruitful. I did some homeopathy at the very beginning and did find it had positive effects. Later I found I got more bump from acupuncture in terms of balance and energy. So I stuck with that this past year. I look forward to reading the threads you linked to above.

See more popular forum discussions.