• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Improving Phase I/II

Phase I:
The enzyme P450

Phase II
Glutathione conjugation, Amino acid conjugation, Methylation, Sulfation, Acetylation, Glucuronidation

I'm wondering if brussle sprouts, including a couple raw, at breakfast would kick start these processes better than taking something like Calcium-D-Glucarate since they each assist the first and last step respectivly but sprouts would help in phase I and GSH conjugation too. Is there any good theories or better a proven protocol that maximises output of these processes?

Are we detoxing different things in different stages all the time? Would detoxing be more effective at removing toxins if we added the first substrates needed first?

I assume if the last answer is affirmative then there would be a greater amount of toxins heading into the later stages so we'd need to support with the next substrate needed assuming weakesses(like a bad GeneticGenie detox profile). Although if you take high doses of B vitamins, you'll need more cofactors such as increased Mg to assist B1 supplementation. We need amino acids and yet we can take to much and have them goto waste. Glycine is needed to detox, glutamine, lysine, methionine and cysteine are all important amino acids, playing a big role, in phase II. Methylation coming in later in phase II. Why focus on it if you just want to detox and not look at supporting all stages? Is there not additional benifits by boosting your glycine levels or glutamine level, taking lemonine or other supplements known to enhance other stages of liver detox? Are there any experts that consider the whole because they're all dependent on each other.