• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Implications of Action for ME chair becoming chair of Irish Life & Permanent?

leelaplay

Irish Life & Permanent announces Bowler replacement to chair group

http://www.examiner.ie/breakingnews...bowler-replacement-to-chair-group-501126.html

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 03:41 PM

Irish Life & Permanent has appointed former UK post Office MD Alan Cook as chairman of the group with immediate effect.

He takes over from Gillian Bowler, who announced on December 15 last her intention to retire as chairman and director once a successor had been appointed.

Mr Cook is currently chairman of the UK Highways Agency and a non-executive director of the UK Department of Transport, The Office of Fair Trading and the Financial Ombudsman Service.

He is also a governor of the University of Bedfordshire and chairman of action for ME, the leading UK charity supporting those suffering from ME/CFS.

Mr Cook has indicated his intention to step down from his roles with the UK's Office of Fair Trading and the Financial Ombudsman Service in order to devote sufficient time to his new role.

eric_s

I don't know what sort of university the University of Bedfordshire is, but has there been good research into ME/CFS done there? If Alan Cook is a governor, i think he probably has many valuable contacts there. So it might say something about him wheter or not he used them for us.