• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Imperial college study sorry i missed the obvious

G

Gerwyn

All patients with" detected" signs of organic disease were excluded from the study.Patients enrolled had already been in a study to look for neuroedocrine disorders.They must all have been negative otherwise they would have been excluded from the study.Now neuroendocrine symptoms are mandatory under the canadian criterea so the Imperrial college study expressly excluded the patients that the WPI criterea actively selected.This is clearly stated in the Imperial college study! Ergo they are entirely different patients given the same label!

Countrygirl

QUOTE]Gerwyn;37521]All patients with" detected" signs of organic disease were excluded from the study.Patients enrolled had already been in a study to look for neuroedocrine disorders.They must all have been negative otherwise they would have been excluded from the study.Now neuroendocrine symptoms are mandatory under the canadian criterea so the Imperrial college study expressly excluded the patients that the WPI criterea actively selected.This is clearly stated in the Imperial college study! Ergo they are entirely different patients given the same label![/[/QUOTE]

Can anyone please tell me exactly which abnormalities would show up in a basic neuroendocrine test and what are they? Gerwyn's post is important, so I would like to get my facts straight before I speak with my G.P. about any of this. He has already mostly dismissed it so I need to be sure of my ground.

Thanks

G

Gerwyn

QUOTE]Gerwyn;37521]All patients with" detected" signs of organic disease were excluded from the study.Patients enrolled had already been in a study to look for neuroedocrine disorders.They must all have been negative otherwise they would have been excluded from the study.Now neuroendocrine symptoms are mandatory under the canadian criterea so the Imperrial college study expressly excluded the patients that the WPI criterea actively selected.This is clearly stated in the Imperial college study! Ergo they are entirely different patients given the same label![/

Can anyone please tell me exactly which abnormalities would show up in a basic neuroendocrine test and what are they? Gerwyn's post is important, so I would like to get my facts straight before I speak with my G.P. about any of this. He has already mostly dismissed it so I need to be sure of my ground.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

The test is used to assess HPA axis dyfunction They use something called an insulin challenge test and measure hormone responses and an array of symptoms consistent with autonomic dysfunction-----basically most of the cfs symptoms AS PER THE CANADIAN CRITEREA PSYCHIATRISTS USUALLY ADMINISTER THIS TEST TO PATIENTS WITH MAJOR DEPRESSION tHATS ALL I KNOW