1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
California 2014: IACFS/ME Day Three: Translating Science into Clinical Care: 22 March 2014
Day Three, and Searcher continued to deliver the goods. We hear about the PANDORA national survey results, a very big familial case study from Spain, results from the Canadian Community Health Survey, more results from epidemiological studies (and a look at treatments and...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Imperial College now offering PCR XMRV testing

Discussion in 'XMRV Testing, Treatment and Transmission' started by Kati, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Katie

Katie Guest

Anyone VIP dx people thinking of going to IC to prove a point please do not.

You could risk the DWP finding out about a negative test, your doctors believing the IC test and the IC is not to be trusted, look at how they've handled the media so far.

Please, I'm with Koan and I'm chained to the wheel of the bus, please don't do this.
  2. valia

valia Senior Member

UK

Perhaps you could ask Ms McClure has she ever detected XMRV in any kind of patient?
  3. Knackered

Knackered Guest

Yeah just have, I said I fail to understand how the test can be considered reliable when they haven't been able to find it in anyone.
  4. valia

valia Senior Member

UK

Second thoughts, I'm with Koan too, noone could risk putting themselves into their and Wessely's hands
  5. I must admit, I know you're angry Muffin (and you have every right to be) but if I were on the receiving end of this email, I would think "Uhoh, fruitloop alert" and be a bit scared.
    It sounds like a threat.

Please, everybody, be careful what you write to researchers. It will just turn this thing into a war and make them even more determined to prove that PWME are all nutters.

Rachel xx
  6. froufox

froufox Senior Member

Hi Rachel, thanks I do agree with you although I wasnt being completely serious it was more of gut reaction to Mark's post. Although I guess I suggested sending it as a 'joke' rather than an 'attack' as such.. given that them offering a test is a bit of a joke in itself ! Yes would have to leave those names out anyway. Anyway I think we are definitely best served by spreading the word around the net and to media outlets for people not to have this test done.

7. Katyak

Katyak

UK
    LOLOL. Absolutely masterful.
  8. sproggle

sproggle Jan

Teesside, England UK
    Have any of the UK positves been in contact with the UK ME charities?

It seems like the MEA is interested to hear from people and might help to get the word out that XMRV is in the UK!

Jan xx
  9. JAS

JAS

UK
    Just picked this up and nearly choked to death on my Peppermint Tea!!! (not doing caffeine!) WHAT!!! I think the people that we can potentially trust who are serious about finding out the truth of XMRV in the UK are for example: Jonathon Kerr, St George's University, London and Ellie Barns, MRC, Oxford, who have been prepared to research it thoroughly and work with the WPI (on one of Judy's slides). I do think that we need to sideline the IC and actually we have the power to do that by no-one testing with them. Either the IC are panicking or desperately trying to control this, suspect the latter...either way I don't trust them! jx
  10. Martlet

Martlet Senior Member

Near St Louis, MO
    Aw, not even for a billion? I know, I'll have mine tested there for a mere million, then I could afford a proper test afterwards. :D
  11. Gerwyn

Gerwyn Guest

Fully validated in house Ha Ha Ha Ha! Someone has obviously missed their vocation as a stand up!
  12. Kati

Kati Patient in training

This is a very important piece of information. McClure is showing us her real colors, she is standing by her test, and not willing to keep an open mind that she may not have the right technique, the right primers, the right amount of DNA, etc...

Mrs McClure, if you are reading this, Dr Judy Mikovits is open to help people finding the virus. She can take your samples -providing they are from certified ME patients (in the right amount) and show you the way to the virus... judym@wpinstitute.org By doing so, it will instantly help your career and credibility.
  13. xanadu

xanadu

Imperial/King's bus campaign to go with new test

[​IMG]
  14. Knackered

Knackered Guest

Email her Kati, I would but it seems she didn't respond to my last email, maybe I'm in her spam filter.

m.mcclure (at) imperial.ac.uk

Maybe Judy could email her? Or she could email Judy?
  15. George

George Guest

OMG that's some awesome photo shop work! LMTO Thanks for that!
    Mark I just about choked on your advertisement for the XMRV test.
    You guys are on a roll!
  16. Hysterical Woman

Hysterical Woman Senior Member

East Coast
    Two BIG scores for Xanadu and Mark!!!!!!!!!!!!
  17. Mithriel

Mithriel Senior Member

Scotland
    I wouldn't send any emails to Imperial college except very polite ones. The only bit of information that has reached the virologists at my husband's lab is that IP received hate mail after they published their research. They did not know anything about what that research was or why we were angry.

We are fighting a war, people, and mustn't give the other side any ammunition against us. It is getting dirty - I strongly suspect their motives - so we have to be smarter no matter how angry we are.

The whole sordid plot is becoming clearer. The rushed research paper is being given centre stage despite it's shortcomings and now their is going to be a test available just in case CFS in the US is confirmed as XAND.

Mithriel
  18. xanadu

xanadu

19. I #2 this.
    The more PWME who send threatening, sarcastic, abusive or even slightly derogatory emails to researchers working on studies whose findings we don't like, the longer we will spend in limbo. The more psychiatrists feel justified in putting us in the box marked unstable.

Come here and vent, but please don't vent at Imperial College. That will achieve precisely 0. Remember Judy M and Nancy K's warnings to us not to get all riled up when things like this happen. Everybody breathe....

Rachel xx
  20. Xanadu that is awesome!

Rachel xx

See more popular forum discussions.