1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 2 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. This second article in a 2-Part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS....
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Impact of high DHEA?

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by roxie60, Sep 4, 2013.

1. roxie60

roxie60 Senior Member

Central Illinois, USA
    When I had the ACTH STIM test last week they also tested DHEA-s and DHEA, Cortisol and Prlactin (they dd not test ACTH for a baseline).

I have reported the STIM results in another thread but I picked up the actual labs today and found it looks like they did a DHEA-s and DHEA before and after (there are two labs for each one).

8/31/13 1:03 AM
    DHEA - 8.960 High range (0.60-5.73 ng/ml)
    9/01/13 9:44PM
    DHEA - 2.160 range (0.60-5.73 ng/ml)

This one makes even less sense two different results, same collection date and time, same resulted date and time, I dont know which one should go first, not that it seems to matter.
    08/30/13 10:45AM
    DHEA-s 148.9 mcg/dl range(8.0-391)
    08/30/13 10:45AM
    DHEA-s 135.3 mcg/dl range(8.0-391)

I am assuming the flag on the after (and I am assuming it is after) being high is due to the STIM test, is that expected? The lab/s say they were collected at the same time 912:01) but the 'resulted times' are different. One result is 8/31 and the other is 9/1. Are they checking the same blood just over a period of time? So forget the before an after time above. Going to put reuslt dates instead since it appears it is from the same collection.

See more popular forum discussions.