The 12th Invest in ME Research Conference June, 2017, Part 2
MEMum presents the second article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Immunotherapy in Cancer comes of age

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by garcia, Jun 1, 2015.

1. garcia

garcia Aristocrat Extraordinaire

UK
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-32951892
    From wikipedia:
    Apparently both drugs (and especially the combination) carry the risk of very severe side effects. But interesting research nevertheless given the current testing of cancer drugs in ME/CFS.
    Also both drugs cost about £75,000 each for a course of treatment (compared to only hundreds of pounds for standard chemotherapy).

heapsreal and Bob like this.
  2. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    Good to see they are targeting ways to improve the immune system to fight cancer. I hope cfsme can maybe benefit from these findings.

garcia and maryb like this.
  3. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    Yes once again the fate of many patients will lie in the hands of NICE, big pharma will be rubbing their hands - again........ I hate this lottery of drugs, isn't it time govts were able to buy the patent of really useful life saving drugs from pharma for the costs of the research plus a reasonable profit. What is the world all about if its not saving lives?

garcia and heapsreal like this.
  4. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)

Probably alot of tax payer funds go to these big pharma companies to help research , I wonder how much of these funds actually go back to tax payers?

maryb and garcia like this.

See more popular forum discussions.