Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

ImmunoME (Oslo University Hospital, Norway)

Discussion in 'Active Clinical Studies' started by mango, Aug 9, 2016.

1. mango

mango Senior Member

The ImmunoME study at Oslo University Hospital, Norway, is now recruiting patients suffering from severe or very severe ME.

The aim of this project is to reach a better understanding of ME from a genetic and biological perspective. They are especially interested in investigating if the immune system plays a part in the development of ME.

They want to make a thorough mapping of genes that are central to the immune system, to look for differences between ME patients and controls.

They also want to investigate the presence of antibodies.

They would like to recruit patients with the most severe form of ME.

The analyses will be carried out on a group level, so they will be unable to give individual feedback to the participants.

Who can participate?
    • 18 years or older
    • ME diagnosis according to the Canadian criteria [ICC according to REK, see below - mango]
    • You have the most severe form of ME, or you have had it in the past (continually, for at least 10 years)
    When they say the most severe form, they mean people who are confined to bed almost all day and unable to work or perform activities of daily living.

They are willing to do home visits, if necessary, to collect the blood samples.

Investigators
    Benedicte A. Lie
    Ola Didrik Saugstad
    Torstein Egeland
    Marte K. Viken
    Asgeir Lande

More info and contact details here:
    http://me-foreningen.com/meforeningen/?p=8952

The info in this post is my sloppy translation of some parts of the Norwegian article linked above. Please let me know if you spot any errors!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  2. mango

mango Senior Member

Here's the info page on the Norwegian REK website (Regional Committees for Medical and Health Research Ethics):

https://helseforskning.etikkom.no/i...627288&p_parent_id=630983&_ikbLanguageCode=us

Immunologi og genetikk ved myalgisk encefalopati

Scientific title:
    Genetic and functional genetic studies in myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME) to investigate the potential involvement of the immune system and reveal biomarkers

Google translated version of the project description above:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  3. NL93

NL93 Senior Member

The Netherlands
    Good to see research on the most severe group of patients. :thumbsup:

Grigor, sarah darwins and Webdog like this.

See more popular forum discussions.