1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
A disease with two faces? Re-naming ME/CFS
Persuasion Smith covers the bases on the misleading and disreputable name for our disease we've all been saddled with ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Immune System Lab Tests

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by Hysterical Woman, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Hysterical Woman

Hysterical Woman Senior Member

East Coast
    Hi Everyone,

I had immune system testing done years ago and the values were quite abnormal. I want to get tested again, but the doctor I saw at that time is no longer in practice. I specifically want to look at the Th1 Th2 data.

Does anyone have a recommendation for specific immune tests (and a good lab)?

Thanks,

Maxine

2. Tony

Tony Still working on it all..

Melbourne, Australia
    VIP labs in Reno would have a good suite of tests available.

http://www.redlabsusa.com/cfs/

I've had a fair few tests done at redlabs in Belgium for TH1/TH2 ratio, C4A serum level, lots of IgA and IgM to bacterias, EBV, CMV, elastase, HHV6/7, soluble CD14 (leaky gut indicator), IL-6, IL-8, IL-10 and NK Cell activity and a few other things.

3. Hysterical Woman

Hysterical Woman Senior Member

East Coast
    Hi Tony,

Thanks for your suggestion. Of course, that lab is the most logical one to use. I have already been in contact with them about a possible XMRV test. Years ago I was tested by them for RNaseL (the blood had to go to Belgium at that time).

Take care,

Maxine

4. Solon

Solon Guest

Tony, where did you get those values tested exactly in Belgium??

Does anyone know of the cytokine gene expresseion assay?? It is said to be important for evaluating TH1/TH2 response ratios.

5. Tony

Tony Still working on it all..

Melbourne, Australia
    Solon, I had the testing done at Redlabs.

See more popular forum discussions.