1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Never Ask Us if We're Hungry -- The Answer's Always No
There are three of us here and for many years, none of us ever got hungry. When our brains would turn to mush, when our faces would go numb, and we would start the invisible vibration which is the signature dance of ME/CFS, we knew we needed to eat.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Immune System Boost cures HIV mice

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Snez, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Snez

Snez Senior Member

Tasmania, Australia
  2. sickness

sickness

Western Australia
    My mum sent me this link, and I was just about to post it, but you beat me to it!
    Sounds like a promising finding for all chronic infections, M.E. included.

take care, ness
  3. guest

guest Guest

Interleukins seem to be a key for many diseases.
  4. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    what i found interesting in the news interview the question was asked how do they give the mice HIV, the answer they dont, but they give them one very similar that effects the immune system, mmm must be afew out there then, so sounds like this treatment could treat any chronic viral illness, but atleast 10 years away, bugger.
  5. FunkOdyssey

FunkOdyssey Senior Member

Looking for things that influence IL-7 production, only turned up sleep so far. REM sleep more specifically.

natasa778 likes this.
  6. rwac

rwac Senior Member

I suspect brewer's yeast extract is a good source of nucleotides.
  7. Renfred

Renfred

Hi snez, Thanks for sharing this link with us. This is much informative to all the member's and specially for the patient for HIV and hepatitis B and C..... Keep sharing more info of this kind for the knowledge of the whole world.....
  8. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

wow. i thought they tried IL-7 but it didnt work? or maybe i was thinking of something else.

i love articles like this...give me hope.
  9. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

10. Tia

Tia Senior Member

Cure..? As in CURE? :O:O
  11. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)
    i believe its not il7 itself but stimulating the immune system to make more il7. Some of these immune hormones so to speak like interferon, there is a negative feedback ie once u stop the drug your body is no longer making the interferon. This is why interferons inducers like immunovir and cycloferon are used as they stimulate the immune system to make their own and when these meds are stopped, there maybe a reduction in interferon but not a halt and their levels just reverse back to pre interferon induced levels, if that makes sense. So i wonder if IL7 works the same way.

cheers!!!
  12. Gemini

Gemini Senior Member

13. Gemini

Gemini Senior Member

Link in Post #12 describes IL-7 interactions...

You're from Australia like Dr. Pellegrini, are you familiar with his lab? Really exciting research there...
  14. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)
    not familiar but seen some stuff on tv and they said atleast 10 years away from being used for HIV outside of clinical trials, so could be awhile.
  15. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

ive been reading some comments from doctors who think that the reactivation strategies for HIV eradication probably will not work until they have drugs that will reach all compartments, including the genital tract, central nervous system, and gut-associated lymph tissue. this sounds realistic to me....probably a long way to go, still :-/

i think they did an experiment where they tried to reactivate HIV in some monkey on HAART but the virus just got out of control in the brain tissue or something...

i wish to God there was a way to make things go faster. feels like i'll be dead before this stupid controversy over xmrv even starts to clear up.
  16. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)
    i know, its rediculous that it takes 10 years or more to get a drug approved.
  17. aquariusgirl

aquariusgirl Senior Member

Hip....a question for you and anyone who uses Immunovir.
    Should a person wait a certain period between taking Immunovir or Inosine & taking drugs ...AVs or herbs.
    I got massive inflammation in the gut a couple of times combining Inosine + Famvir & Inosine+ Mastic Gum.
  18. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)
    I would wait and add 1 at a time so u know what each is doing and feels like. I would probably add the antiviral first to lower viral load first and then an immune mod to hopefully clean things up??
  19. aquariusgirl

aquariusgirl Senior Member

No AVs on their own don't do squat....no NK cell activity

See more popular forum discussions.