Julie Rehmeyer's 'Through the Shadowlands'
Writer Never Give Up talks about Julie Rehmeyer's new book "Through the Shadowlands: A Science Writer's Odyssey into an Illness Science Doesn't Understand" and shares an interview with Julie ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Immune checkpoints prevent immune cells from prolonged or unnecessary immune responses

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Learner1, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Learner1

Learner1 Professional Patient

Pacific Northwest
    Wonder if immune checkpoints apply to us? Wish some of this highly active research could leak our way...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/medica...com/news/2017-11-cancer-immune-systemwho.html

wastwater likes this.
  2. jpcv

jpcv Senior Member

SE coast, Brazil
    Imunne check point inhibitors are THE big thing in câncer treatment in the moment.
    The downside of these drugs are price and auto imunne reactions, some of them can be life threatining.
    Maybe in the Future some research could Go in the opposite direction: the development of check point agonists that could be imunosupressive.

Learner1 likes this.
  3. halcyon

halcyon Senior Member

Yes I think it applies to us. There is already ME research showing that we have these checkpoints activated. This is expected, given the other evidence of chronic T cell activation.

I'd love to see a trial of checkpoint inhibitors in ME, but as @jpcv notes they can be very dangerous.

Learner1 likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.