August 8th, 2016: Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis
Jody Smith joins with other ME voices in honor of Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Immune cells different after methylation?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by snowathlete, Mar 5, 2012.

1. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    For me, methylation seems to have altered my immune system, in a good way.
    Is there evidence of blood differences as a result of treatment? Specifically I am thinking of immune cell differences.

Best

2. richvank

richvank Senior Member

Hi, Snow.

That's good to hear. I don't have any data on this, but my hypothesis does predict improvements in the immune system. In particular, glutathione is very important for the function of the T lymphocytes and for controlling damage due to oxidative stress when the immune system produces inflammation. Also, improved folate metabolism should help the T and B lymphocytes to carry out clonal proliferation when they are responding to an antigen. I would guess that improved methylation capacity would also benefit the immune system, because of more normal control of gene expression.

It would be nice to have some before and after testing of immune system parameters.

Best regards,

Rich

3. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    Wouldnt it. Too late for me to do that, but i do plan to take a whole bunch of tests, including immune tests, and if i can afford it in the future maybe i will take some repeats. If i have continued to improve over the intervening period, then it would be interesting to see what has changed.

If we are lucky, someone else who is thinking of starting treatment will take some tests before and after. It would be very interesting to see what changes.

4. place

place Be Strong!

US
    Just making my way through some of these old post and I will be able to have data on that. I get immune tested periodically over past 7 years. A lot of specialty test to that I did not think was ME related but are now surfacing. I will try to post next time I get more tests done.

5. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    hi place,
    that would be great if you could. Looking forward to the results.

6. determined

determined Senior Member

USA: Deep South
    I believe that my immune function has changed for the better. Along with significant increase in energy, my CD 57 bumped up a bit into the 80s. I'll get it measured in a few months and see if it has stayed up there ("up there" is relative - normal is ~120 - 180 or so).

See more popular forum discussions.