May 12, 2017 Is International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day
International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day is May 12th, 2017. Jody Smith shares some information about upcoming events and ways you can be heard ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

IMEG (UK) Report on Infectious diseases & sequelae in recent deployed service with focus on CFS(PDW)

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Dolphin, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

Peter Denton White was part of a small committee involved with this report it seems.

There is no mention of the employment outcome measures from the PACE Trial which cost £5m of UK taxpayers' money, yet the subjective outcomes are mentioned.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...fectious-diseases-imeg-20-Sept_2013-clean.pdf

[..]

2. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

Here's some information somebody posted on a mailing list when posting the info. The point of this, the person who posted this said to me, was after the PACE Trial, the ethics committee decided investigators should have to declare competing interests (such as the work Peter White does for government agencies and insurance companies) in the participant information sheet.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  3. biophile

biophile Places I'd rather be.

This looks like cherry picking from individual studies?

The meta-analysis by Castell et al (2011) which included the mighty PACE Trial:

GET (n = 5) and CBT (n = 16) randomized controlled trials were meta-analyzed. Overall effect sizes suggested that GET (g = 0.28) and CBT (g = 0.33) were equally efficacious.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1468-2850.2011.01262.x/abstract

And what would the full recovery rate be if the original definition of such was used in the PACE Trial?

Valentijn, Roy S, Sean and 1 other person like this.

See more popular forum discussions.