Phoenix Rising tells QMUL: release the PACE trial data
Mark Berry, Acting CEO of Phoenix Rising, presents the Board of Directors’ open letter to Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) urging them to release the PACE trial data, and hopes that other non-UK organisations will join British charities in the same request...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Imbalanced Oxidative Stress Causes Chlamydial Persistence during Non-Productive HHV Co-Infection

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Dolphin, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

Given that the three items in the heading have been mentioned in association with ME/CFS at various times, I thought I'd give this a plug in case it might be of use/interest.

Free full text: http://www.plosone.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0047427

* I gave each sentence its own paragraph

GhostGum and Timaca like this.
  2. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    This is very interesting Dolphin. It might have extensive implications.

"We are just beginning to understand how the co-evolution of one of the most prevalent human pathogenic bacteria and viruses has affected their survival and replication strategies, but also their infective properties while occupying similar niches inside the cell. The Chlamydia - HHV6 interaction may thus provide a paradigm for a so far unrecognized close interaction of obligate intracellular bacteria and viruses."

This ties in with both methylation and oxidative and nitrosative stress models of ME, and also shows that, at least potentially, a wide range of pathogen interactions might be able to induce pathogen persistance.

I have yet to read this paper in detail. Its not light reading but it is very interesting.

One other implication is that clearance of some of these pathogens, or restoration of antioxidant capacity, might induce improvements with other pathogens.

Bye, Alex

Dolphin likes this.
  3. Timaca

Timaca Senior Member

GOOD FIND!! I have antibody titers as high as the lab measures to HSV1 IgG. I've had a positive IgM. And I've had antibody titers as high as the lab measures to Cpn IgG and IgA. I will certainly show this to my doctors!

Best, Timaca

Dolphin likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.