Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

I'm tired..and more tired when I lay down :(

Discussion in 'Lifestyle Management' started by Becky Ray, May 11, 2016.

1. Becky Ray

Becky Ray

When I get fatigue, I go to lay down... And everytime I lay down I feel even more fatigued and dizzy . has anyone experienced this? Why does this happen?

2. cmt12

cmt12 Senior Member

When you lay down and de-stimulate, you simply become more internally aware of symptoms, even though it may seem like symptoms are worsening.

Becky Ray likes this.
  3. PatJ

PatJ far and free I gaze

Canada
    Have you checked your blood pressure to see what it's doing when upright and stationary, and when lying down?

Valentijn, *GG* and MeSci like this.
  4. Becky Ray

Becky Ray

Hey Pat... Thanks for answering... I normally have high blood pressure and I'm on medication for it... And for the last few months it's been perfect.. So I don't think that's what it is.. Just now I lay down to rest and do mindful breathing... And as I'm exhaling I feel a pressure like my lungs are being dragged down... I've already told my doctor about it and I'm in the process of going through all my million lab test to get a CFS diagnosis.. She didn't know what it was.. :-(

5. PatJ

PatJ far and free I gaze

Canada
    Is there a possibility that your BP med is causing your supine BP to drop too much?

6. cmt12

cmt12 Senior Member

Chest tightness and constricted breathing is a symptom of this condition. That could be what you are feeling when you say it feels like yours lungs are being dragged down.

Becky Ray likes this.
  7. Becky Ray

Becky Ray

I wouldn't think so....I've been on the same BP meds for 18 years. And with them my BP is always good. This just started happening a month ago.

8. Becky Ray

Becky Ray

That's something I thought might be possible. Thanks :)

9. Becky Ray

Becky Ray

Scary :(

10. PatJ

PatJ far and free I gaze

Canada
    Did anything change a month ago? Such as starting or stopping a supplement or meds? Or changing to a different brand of supplement or med (different brands, different fillers which sometimes cause problems). Did you start or stop eating certain foods? Maybe you started using different cleaning products...

Try to think of anything that may have changed in your life around the time the symptoms started. You might find something unexpected is the cause.

11. mango

mango Senior Member

Becky Ray and Valentijn like this.
  12. lansbergen

lansbergen Senior Member

I first realised I ran on adrenaline when I still safely could drive long distances , do what I had to do and drive back home but got overwelmed fatique the moment I turned off the.engine

Becky Ray, mango and Sidereal like this.
  13. Becky Ray

Becky Ray

I did start a small dose of provigil a few weeks before the symptom. I'll mention it to my doc. :) thanks :)

14. u&iraok

u&iraok Senior Member

U.S.
    Some do better in a semi-reclined position, rather than laying down. It works better for me.

15. PatJ

PatJ far and free I gaze

Canada
    From this list of side-effects for provigil/modafinil:

Becky Ray likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.