Ergonomics and ME/CFS: Have You Hurt Yourself Without Knowing It?
Having a chronic illness like ME/CFS can make it hard to avoid problems that come from bad ergonomics. Jody Smith has learned some lessons the hard way ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

I'm starving, please help

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by Zuriel, Jun 1, 2011.

1. liverock

liverock Senior Member

UK
  2. stevenski

stevenski Guest

With respect, liverock this is not proven; there is much medical/scientific debate about it; i have slightly HIGH stomach acid; and PPIs have some benefit and can prevent potentially dangerous inflammation of oesaphagus, as well as reducing stomach acid; they can also stop debilitating non-cardiac reflux related chest pain(diagnosed as not heart related); like all medications the pros and cons, short, medium and longterm, must all be weighed up, on an individual basis. My overall cfs symptoms WELL predate acid reflux and gullet dysmotility, a condition which Zuriel was experiencing and, like me, has complex problems, which may be helped allopathically and/or by complemantary/alternative means, again on an individual basis; he needs to be assessed. it is important we give choices not(undoubtedly wellmeant) one-sided simplistic opinions and advice; fairly longterm uses of PPi have not, in my case, caused the horrendous problems u list, and to many have been efficacious and prevented development of oesaphagitis. Others may indeed have low stomach acid and react in the ways u mention.Please do not take this the wrong way; i think is important we give balanced opinions:) Thanks for ur input, Steve("Stevenski")

See more popular forum discussions.