• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I'm rather confused about methylation doses

Aerose91

OK I have few questions that I haven't been able to find many clear answers for when it comes to methylation supplementing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1) my mb12 and methylfolate (seeking health) are both sublingual, so does it matter if I take them with food or without?

2) I generally take about 1.25/1 mb12/mfolate per Dr Lynch recommendations. Is that a decent rario? Especially since they're both sublingual.

3) as I titrate up at that ratio, can I just keep popping in some new sublingual tablets as I absorb the previous ones? Does time of day matter? I'm wondering how someone takes 20-30mg mb12 per day of 1mg sublingual tablets. Do you just gum a bunch of tabs and walk around like a chipmunk? Lol, I have no problem doing it I just want to make sure thats correct.

4) is there a max dose of methylafolate? Or good to keep at 1.25/1 regardless of how high I go?

5) where does adb12 fit into this and how much should I take of that?

6) I take B-Minus (seeking health) with breakfast and it has 180 mg niacin. Sometimes I split it in half cuz I get flushed but regardless, how long will niacin kick down methylation? Is it pointless to start my sublinguals after I eat breakfast if I'm taking niacin while I eat

Thanks to anyone who can give me any insight here, I know that's a lot of questions but I feel sort of like I'm guessing. I'm currently taking 2mg mb12 and 1-1.25 mg methylfolate just casually throughout the day and all seems to be fine, I just don't know if I could be optimizing something better. I've never really seen a description of how this works

Sherpa

Ex-workaholic adrenaline junkie
A mouth full of sublinguals sounds complicated (and expensive), terrible for teeth and not really effective. Transdermal is the way to go. Adenosylcobalmin is critical, for me. Needed for energy and body can't make well. Look into B12 oils MeCbl/AdCbl or B12 Ice spray?

I don't think it matters if you take sublingals on empty stomach to any major degree.

I don't think there's a golden ratio. I personally feel good on a larger (milligram) amount of B12 and microgram amounts of L-5-MTHF. I think its different depending on your SNPs and methylation status.