1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
AVIVA Semi-Finals: National ME/FM Action Network is competing for $100,000
The National ME/FM Action Network in Canada is competing for $100,000 for biomedical research of ME and FM in the Aviva Community Fund contest. With thanks to all who helped, they made it through the first round of voting into the Semi-Finals.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

I'm in shock...

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by Frickly, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Frickly

Frickly Senior Member

Texas
    I sent an email to my representatives and got the usual form letters back about how they are working hard on health care reform, ect. (I really didn't expect much else). Today I got an email that addressed my concern regarding CFS research funding specifically.

Dear Ms.:

Thank you for contacting my office. As you may know, I have supported efforts to increase the resources the federal government devotes to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. As the House of Representatives works through the appropriations process, I will look for opportunities to increase funding for research on Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Again, thank you for contacting my office.

Sincerely,

Ron Paul

And, no, I was not aware that he has "supported efforts to increase the resources the federal government devotes to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome". I will have to look in to that. What a nice change from the irritating form letters. It is also a nice that someone actually read it.

2. Frickly

Frickly Senior Member

Texas
    I sent an email to my representatives and got the usual form letters back about how they are working hard on health care reform, ect. (I really didn't expect much else). Today I got an email that addressed my concern regarding CFS research funding specifically.

Dear Ms.:

Thank you for contacting my office. As you may know, I have supported efforts to increase the resources the federal government devotes to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. As the House of Representatives works through the appropriations process, I will look for opportunities to increase funding for research on Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Again, thank you for contacting my office.

Sincerely,

Ron Paul

And, no, I was not aware that he has "supported efforts to increase the resources the federal government devotes to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome". I will have to look in to that. What a nice change from the irritating form letters. It is also a nice that someone actually read it.

3. Jody

Jody Senior Member

Canada
    Frickly,

Well, it's hard to say with politicians of course, but this sounds good, doesn't it. I'm Canadian so not that up on US politics but I have heard of Ron Paul and that he is different from many politicians, that he has an awareness of environmental problems, health concerns that many of them ignore.

Hope something really does come of it for you all south of my border.

4. Jody

Jody Senior Member

Canada
    Frickly,

Well, it's hard to say with politicians of course, but this sounds good, doesn't it. I'm Canadian so not that up on US politics but I have heard of Ron Paul and that he is different from many politicians, that he has an awareness of environmental problems, health concerns that many of them ignore.

Hope something really does come of it for you all south of my border.

5. August59

August59 Daughters High School Graduation

Upstate SC, USA
    Good timing

Might be a good time for everyone to put in an email to the respective legislators in an attempt to at least get the term "CFS" filtering through the judicial and medical world. It just seems that it's always swept under a rug and as if know one wants to deal with it.
    This could also be redundant reply since I'm sure that is what generated this post to start with. If so, sorry.

6. August59

August59 Daughters High School Graduation

Upstate SC, USA
    Good timing

Might be a good time for everyone to put in an email to the respective legislators in an attempt to at least get the term "CFS" filtering through the judicial and medical world. It just seems that it's always swept under a rug and as if know one wants to deal with it.
    This could also be redundant reply since I'm sure that is what generated this post to start with. If so, sorry.

7. Jody

Jody Senior Member

Canada
    Hi August,

Welcome to the forums.

You're making a valid point and saying what you think, so no need to apologize if it happens to agree with something someone else said. That just makes it nice for Frickly to hear someone agree with her. :D

We want to know what people think.

That's what this place is for. :)

8. Jody

Jody Senior Member

Canada
    Hi August,

Welcome to the forums.

You're making a valid point and saying what you think, so no need to apologize if it happens to agree with something someone else said. That just makes it nice for Frickly to hear someone agree with her. :D

We want to know what people think.

That's what this place is for. :)

9. Frickly

Frickly Senior Member

Texas
    August,

I think it will take a representative with a personal stake in CFS to even give it a second thought. I am curious about why Ron Paul has/had an interest in CFS but could not find anything on the internet.

10. Frickly

Frickly Senior Member

Texas
    August,

I think it will take a representative with a personal stake in CFS to even give it a second thought. I am curious about why Ron Paul has/had an interest in CFS but could not find anything on the internet.

11. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    Hey someone posted your post on Co-cure! Very nice. Maybe you should contact the CFIDS Association and tell them about your response. They have a new Lobbying team now- maybe (hopefully) they're going to pick up in that area.

If he's on one of the Health or Appropriations committees he could be a gold mine.

12. Frickly

Frickly Senior Member

Texas
    Cort

I did as you suggested and sent it on to CFIDS Association. Thanks for the suggestion.

13. Aftermath

Aftermath Guest

Ron Paul

Ron Paul is indeed different than other politicians. Although he is technically a Republican, he is really more of a libertarian.

For example has ruffled a lot of feathers with his bill that would provide for an outside audit of the federal reserve.

The two main parties have gotten complete out of control with how much of our money has been spent over the past 20 years with very little in the way of tangible results.

It's great to hear that he responded with regard to CFS. Not sure if you know this, but he was a physician before getting in to politics.

I'm really hoping that he can mount a serious campaign for president in 2012.

See more popular forum discussions.