• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ILADS Lyme guidelines on National Clearinghouse!

kungfudao

From Lyme Policy Wonk:Lyme treatment guidelines developed by the International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society (ILADS) were posted today on the National Guideline Clearinghouse (NGC). They are the first Lyme guidelines which comply with the Institute of Medicine’s new standards for rigorous evidence assessment and patient engagement in the development process. Physicians rely on the NGC for trustworthy evidence-based treatment guidelines. The NGC, part of the US Department of Health and Human Services, requires that guidelines meet high quality standards to be accepted for posting.

http://web.archive.org/web/20150922...ds-lyme-guidelines-on-national-clearinghouse/

I think this is an amazing step forward. If IDSA is going to continue their propaganda machine...research engineered to get the outcome they are trying to desperately hold onto for whatever reason . ILADS needs to be on the same level, for doctors to be able to follow ILADS, AND END THE IDSA REIN OF TIRANY.

Last edited:

Asa

Post #1 (archived) source link:
http://web.archive.org/web/20150922...ds-lyme-guidelines-on-national-clearinghouse/

And about the Lyme Policy Wonk author: (Breaks and bold added for ease and emphasis.)
Lorraine Johnson, JD, MBA is the Chief Executive Officer of LymeDisease.org. She is an attorney advocate on issues related to the medico-legal and ethical aspects of Lyme disease and has published over 40 peer-reviewed articles on this topic.

She co-authored the Lyme disease guidelines of the International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society, published in 2014. She serves as a patient representative of the Patient Engagement Advisory Panel for the Patient Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) and sits on both the Executive and Steering committees of PCORnet, a national patient-centered big-data project. She chairs PCORnet’s Patient Council.

In addition, she is co-chair of the steering committee of Consumers United for Evidence-Based Healthcare, a nationwide coalition of consumer groups associated with the international Cochrane Collaboration and serves as a consumer peer reviewer for Cochrane evidence-based protocols and reviews.

She has spoken before state legislatures, US and international governmental agencies, and at healthcare policy conferences throughout the world. Her blog focuses on medico-legal ethics and healthcare policy issues related to Lyme disease.
https://www.lymedisease.org/news-blogs/lyme-policy-wonk/

http://web.archive.org/web/20150922134051/https://www.lymedisease.org/news-blogs/lyme-policy-wonk/

Last edited:

kungfudao

Thanks for all that great info: I new she was doing a lot of good stuff, But I had no Idea she was so heavily involved.

I was trying to figure out how to start a new post, and ended up posting in several places . I forgot to add the link .Thanks for putting that up.
As Duncan said on another link. Now ILADS needs to go public with all the corruption of the IDSA. I really don't
know if some people can really be so blind. But for sure there is some people deliberately going from sight to sight passing miss information.

kungfudao

Thanks Duncan for prompting me. I've been pretty sick. I went a bit up and down, but then it hit me hard. I do think this is a positive sign. i still have good flexibility without the pain, but I started getting bad cases of vertigo .That is why I haven't been on the computer much. I am taking motion sickness pills and its helping some.
The meds are still tolerable. and I'm doing Ok. I'm going to do 3 months and immediately jump onto low dose antigen therapy. At least that's my plan now. Thanks for the inquiry, and best to every one.
By the way I'm not pulsing, I'm going straight through,and taking Diflucan and Bactrim D.S. for the babs,that's also whats putting an edge on top of the other, I will start to add auto hemo (ozone) next week, just found my vacutube bottles...

duncan

Vertigo can be tough. Hopefully it will pass soon.

We are thinking about you here. Touch base when you can and are inclined.

kungfudao

I am re posting this on this thread because I know some people were interested on the Dapto, Ceftaroline, and Doxy

My doc is very exited about L.D. antigen therapy.It acts an adapdogen,and stops the inflammatory response.I am diagnosed with Rheumatoid and Schoriatic Arthritis. He has me on a kind of list of old friends or very difficult patients.He called me a 2nd time. We talked about Dapto, Ceftaroline, and Doxy. We agreed that I would continue 3 months, stop antibiotics and start the antigen therapy .He might get me shots as a trial, We didn't talk about $. He just said he had gone through the training and wanted me to come down for the injections. He gave me the impression that I could very possibly be cured of Babesia and Lyme.
I am 6 weeks into the Dapto, Ceftaroline and Doxy. I feel good when I wake up in the morn,which is not the norm for me.
When I do the meds I.V. I get Bed Bound, with symptoms all over the place. I have had great improvements on pain and flexibility.
The hard part with the L.D. antigen treatment is getting the right dose. I thing I'm going the right rout, by knocking the crapers out of the Lyme, and following up with immune modulation. Time will tell? Best regards

I am re posting this on this thread because I know some people were interested on the Dapto, Ceftaroline, and Doxy

My doc is very exited about L.D. antigen therapy.It acts an adapdogen,and stops the inflammatory response.I am diagnosed with Rheumatoid and Schoriatic Arthritis. He has me on a kind of list of old friends or very difficult patients.He called me a 2nd time. We talked about Dapto, Ceftaroline, and Doxy. We agreed that I would continue 3 months, stop antibiotics and start the antigen therapy .He might get me shots as a trial, We didn't talk about $. He just said he had gone through the training and wanted me to come down for the injections. He gave me the impression that I could very possibly be cured of Babesia and Lyme.
I am 6 weeks into the Dapto, Ceftaroline and Doxy. I feel good when I wake up in the morn,which is not the norm for me.
When I do the meds I.V. I get Bed Bound, with symptoms all over the place. I have had great improvements on pain and flexibility.
The hard part with the L.D. antigen treatment is getting the right dose. I thing I'm going the right rout, by knocking the crapers out of the Lyme, and following up with immune modulation. Time will tell? Best regards

Hi,

First time posting on this forum - and realize that this thread has been inactive for a VERY long time, but I seem to have an opportunity to undergo the Dapto, Ceftaroline (Ceftin in my case) Doxy protocol and was wondering if I might correspond a bit with you (kungfudao).

I'm a research scientist (was once awarded a grant for Lyme research), have been in communication with Zhang, and live in the Orange County area. I would love to get your thoughts on how the protocol went.

I'm also going to do IVIg, and am hoping this will help to get my encephalitis/encephalopathy under control enough to go forward with the antibiotics. In the past, I've had to stop aggressive antibiotic protocols due to neuroinflammation, vertigo etc.

Again, would love to get your thoughts on this.

Thanks in advance,

Nannette

Nannette Y. Yount, Ph.D.