• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

IiME offers ME International Consensus Primer

Ember

The ME Primer (ICP for Medical Practitioners) can be ordered now from Invest in ME:
New International Consensus Criteria

A new standard for guidelines has been published by a leading group of international researchers. The authors discuss the clinical application of their criteria, as well as paediatric considerations and research applications. The authors conclude that they -

believe the International Consensus Criteria will help clarify the unique signature of ME” and they state unambiguously that “individuals meeting the International Consensus Criteria have myalgic encephalomyelitis and should be removed from the Reeves empirical criteria and the National Institute for (Health and) Clinical Excellence (NICE) criteria for chronic fatigue syndrome”.

Invest in ME IiME are the UK distributors for the current Canadian Guidelines and welcome these guidelines. We have for a long time stated that we support an evolutionary development and improvement of the Canadian Guidelines. We believe this is a step in the right direction.

The ICC can be ordered from IiME – please email the charity for this -

icC-Guidelines-Image.jpg

In the past we, together with the European ME Alliance, have discussed with our conference presenters regarding updating of the criteria. The International Consensus Criteria are welcomed and we fully support these new criteria.
Inquiries regarding reprinting the primer to Marj van de Sande: mvandes@shaw.ca.
The primer can also be downloaded free.