The 12th Invest in ME Research Conference June, 2017, Part 2
MEMum presents the second article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

IiME 'leaky gut' project recruiting - needs patients from Dr Bansal's Sutton CFS clinic

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Sasha, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    From IiME FB:

Here's the link on FB.

I'd be in this like a shot if I was eligible!

Please spread the word to anyone at Dr Bansal's Sutton clinic.

As I understand it, Dr Bansal isn't running this study - that's being done at the University of East Anglia - but the UEA are using his clinic as a means of recruiting patients.

2. msf

msf Senior Member

I am impressed that such a common sense approach to solving the riddle of ME is being taken in the UK! Here´s to hoping they don´t mess it up!

3. BurnA

BurnA Senior Member

I'd like to think Dr Bansals clinic would have the wherewithall to inform their patients about this study.
    It's odd that a study that has taken years to get off the ground and involved a lot of fundraising would suddenly realise that they don't have enough patients.
    One wonders why they restricted themselves to one clinic.

Hutan likes this.
  4. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    I can't answer any of those questions but they're asking for help, so let's help...

5. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    More info on IiME's FB page now:

6. Heart Face

Heart Face

Hello, can't work out how to PM you but I'm a patient and would like to take part.

7. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Hi Heart Face - I'm nothing to do with the study so it's not me that you need to contact! :)

People can only take part if they're a current patient of Dr Bansal's at the Sutton CFS clinic. If that's you, it's probably best just to phone the clinic.

See more popular forum discussions.