• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Igenex Lyme Test Negative - What Now?

Lotus97

I just had an Igenex Lyme test that came back negative. I was kind of surprised since I've had a recurring rash where I was bitten by a tick. The doctor thinks I likely have bartonella due my symptoms. I know it's possible to have Bartonella without borrelia burgdorferi.

I do think there's another possibility. I've been taking the herbs in Stephen Buhner's Lyme protocol for about the past 10 months. Most of the herbs modulate the immune system. My doctor didn't want me to start LDN until after my Lyme test because he said it could skew the results due to its effect on the immune system. I wonder if maybe the herbs in the protocol worked the same way.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
@Lotus97

Seems like the Buhner protocol could have affected the results. Have your symptoms improved?

Re: Bartonella, I think Inenex only tests for 3 strains of about 30 known ones. I was neg on Igenex for Bartonella and later it was found by PCR.

Sushi