1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Ergonomics and ME/CFS: Have You Hurt Yourself Without Knowing It?
Having a chronic illness like ME/CFS can make it hard to avoid problems that come from bad ergonomics. Jody Smith has learned some lessons the hard way ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Igenex Lyme Test Negative - What Now?

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease and Co-Infections' started by Lotus97, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Lotus97

Lotus97 Senior Member

United States
    I just had an Igenex Lyme test that came back negative. I was kind of surprised since I've had a recurring rash where I was bitten by a tick. The doctor thinks I likely have bartonella due my symptoms. I know it's possible to have Bartonella without borrelia burgdorferi.

I do think there's another possibility. I've been taking the herbs in Stephen Buhner's Lyme protocol for about the past 10 months. Most of the herbs modulate the immune system. My doctor didn't want me to start LDN until after my Lyme test because he said it could skew the results due to its effect on the immune system. I wonder if maybe the herbs in the protocol worked the same way.
  2. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    @Lotus97

Seems like the Buhner protocol could have affected the results. Have your symptoms improved?

Re: Bartonella, I think Inenex only tests for 3 strains of about 30 known ones. I was neg on Igenex for Bartonella and later it was found by PCR.

Sushi
    Lotus97 likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.