1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and Beating the Clock
For Jody Smith, the ticking of a clock was enough at one time to chase her back to her bed. But with the passage of time, she has been able to reclaim her living room ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Igenex, lyme/TBD testing, different interpretations...

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease and Co-Infections' started by HTree, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Paul M

Paul M

Boston, Massachusetts
    Well they started me on Biaxin and Plaquenil, so that may be the antibiotic you are thinking of (Biaxin) - well hopefully haha
    lef07003 likes this.
  2. LaurieL

LaurieL Senior Member

Midwest
  3. globalpilot

globalpilot Senior Member

Ontario
    Anyone have any thoughts on the meaning of my results?

IgM : positive for 34,39,41
    IgG: all negative
  4. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    I think Lyme is highly likely but the diagnosis should be made by an LLMD who can evaluate your symptoms along with the testing.

Here is an excerpt from a blog post by LymeMD that explains IgM positive without IgG antibodies:

http://lymemd.blogspot.com/2009/12/igm-question-is-it-chronic-lyme-disease.html

Ema
    roxie60 and Valentijn like this.
  5. LaurieL

LaurieL Senior Member

Midwest
    I would say you need to make an appointment with a Lyme literate doc. More on your bands...

There is a reason why the 31 and 34 bands are not included in the CDC's criteria, and that stems back to the Lyme vaccine.

Again, my opinion, but I think Borrelia prevent the class switching, and lets not forget the different forms of the bacteria as well. The pleomorphism, again, IMO, in its different forms, could very well lead to more IgM. The lack of IgG, again IMO, is most likely due to the disruption of the Th1 and Th2 dependent reactions and then resulting in effects on the class switching of the B cells. This makes me think of Lyme in the T and/or B cells, disrupting differentiation, and preventing apoptosis. Resulting in continual immune dysfunction and lack of memory cells.

Laurie
    leokitten, roxie60 and Valentijn like this.
  6. LaurieL

LaurieL Senior Member

Midwest
    Ahhh....here is something from lymeneteurope.

So, with this happening, its easier to remember why there is more IgM positive blots, versus IgG blots.
  7. roxie60

roxie60 Senior Member

Central Illinois, USA
    FYI, as of 10/15/13 each additional epitope test costs $100.00.

See more popular forum discussions.