1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The ePatient Revolution
Ryan Prior shares his experience and his thoughts from attending the Stanford Medicine X Conference as he contemplates the rising of the ePatient Revolution ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

If you ordered Culture/Serology at the same time...

Discussion in 'XMRV Testing, Treatment and Transmission' started by JAXintheCity, Nov 23, 2010.

1. JAXintheCity

JAXintheCity

Philadelphia, PA
    For anyone who ordered their culture and serology tests together...I was wondering if VIP sent all of your results to your doctor in one fax, or if they sent them separately? For some reason, VIP sent my doctor all the results of my testing (Serology, Lyme, EBV, Herpes) ...EXCEPT XAND by Culture? (I was negative for Serology.)

Anyways, it reads:

NORMAL (Blank)
    ABNORMAL - PENDING in a box
    NORMAL RANGE: None Detected

It's been 8 weeks, and I'm going nuts! Part of me is wondering (worrying) if there's a paperwork glitch somewhere. I tried emailing, and calling... no answer. Will try again tomorrow.

Thanks for humoring me!

2. 3CFIDS@ourhouse

3CFIDS@ourhouse still me

Southeast US
    Hi, JAX, my culture and serology were sent at the same time. I received my serology a couple of weeks ago, but am still waiting for the culture. VIP Dx said the cultures are taking longer than expected, so I guess they go ahead and send what results they have. I know it's hard to wait- I hope you get an answer tomorrow!

3. floydguy

floydguy Senior Member

Same situation for me. Sample sent in 9/23 and Serology negative waiting culture results. We're probably in the same batch!

4. JAXintheCity

JAXintheCity

Philadelphia, PA
    Thank you both SO MUCH! This is really helpful! Now, at least, I can worry a little less! Big hugs!

5. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Hi JAX,

A friend and I ordered both tests together. Sent our blood on Aug 30th. The results came weeks apart--first culture (positive) and much later serology (negative). Culture should take much longer, but it seems that they were doing a lot of quality control on the serology while mine was in the works--so it took longer (even though serology should come faster).

Just looked at my dates: culture results faxed on Sept 19th; serology faxed on Nov 12th. I think it takes longer now, as they are getting more volume.

Hold tight! You may follow the pattern I and others are getting: positive by culture, no antibodies detected.

Best wishes for your nail-biting!
    Sushi

6. JAXintheCity

JAXintheCity

Philadelphia, PA
    Hi all! I got a response fromVIP! The samples will take 2-3 more weeks. Dr. Lombardi does the initial once over, and then they go through quality control. That makes me feel so much better! :) Happy Turkey Day!

7. floydguy

floydguy Senior Member

Thanks for the update! It will save Marguerite from less interaction!

8. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    So glad you got this reassurance and know what is happening. Quality control can only be good!

Sushi

See more popular forum discussions.