1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and Beating the Clock
For Jody Smith, the ticking of a clock was enough at one time to chase her back to her bed. But with the passage of time, she has been able to reclaim her living room ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

If you have not yet done so, you could try sulbutiamine!

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Biohacker, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Biohacker

Biohacker *****

So I thought about this for a while, and I remembered that when I did the ketogenic diet (no carbs) my fatigue would go away entirely as well. Doing a little wikipedia reading on the thiamine page:

The enzymes which are dependent on thiamine pyrophosphate are associated with the citric acid cycle(also known as the Krebs cycle), and catalyze theoxidation of pyruvate, α-ketoglutarateand branched chain amino acids. Thus, anything that encourages glucose metabolism will exacerbate an existing clinical or sub-clinicalthiamine deficiency.

So thiamine is needed for sugar metabolism, hence if you eat no sugar and your body learns to rely on ketones, then the fatigue should stay away even if you decrease your daily thiamine.

xks201 likes this.
  2. xks201

xks201 Senior Member

biohacker did you also have dizziness with your cfs symptoms? Like bad constant dizziness? Also did you have frequent urination and or were you urinating more than you took in. If so is that still the case? thanks.

3. Biohacker

Biohacker *****

xks201, no I don't think so. If I got dizzy it was from standing up too fast but that's about it.

See more popular forum discussions.