• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

If you had a few spare bucks, what would you buy to ease your condition?

Artstu

If I didn't already have an e-bike I'd spend it on one, I nearly bought a mobility scooter, but bought the e-bike instead, it is no exaggeration to say it totally transformed my life and fitness, it hasn't cured me, but my life is a whole lot better with it.

u&iraok

If I didn't already have my mobility scooter, that would be my #1 choice. I've had wonderful experiences with it and not a single regret.

#2 - Stair lift, so I can go up and down the stairs without being totally wiped out by it.

#3 - Whole Exome Testing, to see what's lurking within

LOVE LOVE stair lift idea. How about a portable one on wheels that you can take with you.

Or better yet, one made with some lighter-than-air material they found on an asteroid that automatically rolls up to the size of a ball and when you get to a stair case you throw it at it and it automatically unfolds, ready to use?... No?... When will it be available?

Gingergrrl

What is this?

I was wondering the same thing!

LOVE LOVE stair lift idea. How about a portable one on wheels that you can take with you.

Me, too, I need a portable stairlift that you can take anywhere since I cannot climb even one single stair. I want the magical one that folds up in your pocket and you throw it into the air like pixie dust and it becomes whatever length stairlift that you require in that moment. Brilliant idea. Let's patent it together LOL.

AndyPandy

Making the most of it
I just did this last week and purchased a brand new motorized wheelchair for $1500 after being granted a few discounts by the medical supply store who were very kind. It has been a game-changer in my ability to go anywhere in the apt without someone having to push me. No matter what I need or where I need to go in the apt, I can now do it on my own. Best $1500 I have spent since getting this ill.
That's great news @Gingergrrl!

Sea

#3 - Whole Exome Testing, to see what's lurking within

Gene testing is number one on my wishlist, still torn between Whole Exome and Whole genome though.

A cleaner, organiser would be next on my list. It would reduce the burden on hubby who already does far more than his fair share and would reduce stress for me at the mountain of things still left undone which I still feel like I should do even though I am not able to.

Groggy Doggy

Let's put a limit, say 2000 pounds/2000 dollars.

What treatment, lifestyle aid, adaptation or other purchase(s) would you make to help you out or make your
Iife that much better?
For one month, I would love to be able to treat myself to in-home massages, and hire a house cleaner, gardener, and chef. If there is a money leftover, then I would donate it to PR.

If I didn't already have an e-bike I'd spend it on one, I nearly bought a mobility scooter, but bought the e-bike instead, it is no exaggeration to say it totally transformed my life and fitness, it hasn't cured me, but my life is a whole lot better with it.

I also tried to decide whether to buy an e-bike or mobility scooter a few months back.

In the end I went for the e-bike because it was much cheaper.
I've had it 2 months and already had 2 small relapses from using it. The temptation to pedal is strong so I often risk overdoing it and crashing. I'm no fitter and haven't had the same benefits with lifestyle that you have.
I have already had a small accident on it too. Maybe it'll get easier when I get used to it.

If they were the same price, I would have taken the mobility scooter.

KitCat

be yourself. everyone else is already taken.
I wouldn't mind a totally silent refrigerator, if such a thing exists. I'm sensitive to high pitched sounds. I just bought a solid state hard drive for my laptop and it is now completely silent, which is bliss.

If I really had more money I would buy a house that I was 100% certain was mold free and gas free and had plenty of room for all my beloved people and animals -- plus a hiring someone else to do all the packing and moving.

This is kind of a brilliant question.

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Two options for me
1. stick it in my treatment fund - it will keep me going for a little while with appts, Glutathione and vitamin IVs when im visiting the clinic, some meds etc.

2. An ff road wheelchair (motorized or manual) I really really want one of these as I live in a remote rural area so a mobility scooter is pointless as is an electric wheelchair, but an off road wheelchair would be awesome as it would mean I could go or be taken for walks right from ym front door. We live on a rocky bridle path that is over a mile long and I haven't been able to go 'walking' on it for 5 years. I used to walk on it ever day with my dog until I got too sick. It would also mean I could go 'hiking' with my husband again. We had planned one day to walk the camino De Santiago (pilgrims route) from France, across the Pyrenees and into Galicia in Spain. This dream has been somewhat removed by being so sick, but I have seen people with MS doing it in the past with off road wheelchairs.

I would need more than 2,000 for an off road wheelchair though - about 4 grand (UK) But it would give me half the money and then I could approach charities for the rest.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
So tell us about it!
It has a built in USB connector and will communicate either with a computer or a smart phone. With the chest strap (a new-type soft material that is very comfortable), it tracks your HR in a time-stamped graph, has alarms (either audible or vibration), tracks sleep quality, steps, different levels of activity, alerts you if you have not been active enough in the last hour to promote circulation.... I have not explored all the possibilities yet but, for me, the most important point is the EKG accurate HR tracking. Here is a picture and a link for it on Amazon:
upload_2016-4-26_12-23-10.png

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...vptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_7xxeesajt2_e