Review: 'Through the Shadowlands’ describes Julie Rehmeyer's ME/CFS Odyssey
I should note at the outset that this review is based on an audio version of the galleys and the epilogue from the finished work. Julie Rehmeyer sent me the final version as a PDF, but for some reason my text to voice software (Kurzweil) had issues with it. I understand that it is...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

If you don't tolerate oral Magnesium, you might try this...

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by PeterPositive, Apr 11, 2017.

1. PeterPositive

PeterPositive Senior Member

Hello,
    I have had issues with any Magnesium supplement since 2004-5, which coincided with a worsening of GI issues. Since then I've tried different oral forms, foot baths and dermal magnesium to no avail. Regardless of the formula or delivery system it would always trigger a bad intestinal response.

To give you an idea 50mg of any oral form are enough to bother my stomach and small intestine for hours.

A couple of months ago I tried a chewable tablet by Seeking Health, which is 100mg of DiMagnesium Malate. To my surprise I didn't get any stomach upset. I tried one more the next day and still no issues, so I kept going. These days I am taking 2 tablets a day with no side effects and I'll probably try to increase up to three.

I just wanted to share the experience as maybe this could be helpful to folks with similar hyper sensitivity to Mg supplements. For me it's been a real surprise, given that I had already given up all hopes.

The product name is "Active Magnesium" by Seeking Health. Price is typically around 20 bucks, so not the cheapest around, but it's a good brand. They use xylitol as sweetener and there's no mag stearate.

(It goes without saying that I have no interest in peddling this specific product other than for the reasons I explained)

If you try it let me know if it works for you as it did for me.

jason30, Jennifer J and Marc_NL like this.
  2. jason30

jason30 Senior Member

The Netherlands
    Thanks a lot for sharing. I react to all magnesium supplements so far, I am gonna try the DiMagnesium Malate.

Do you let it dissolve in your mouth?

3. PeterPositive

PeterPositive Senior Member

Yes. The taste is not bad and the only sugar used is xylitol which isn't bad either.

jason30 likes this.
  4. kelly8

kelly8

Thank you for this info. I'm going to try it as well.

See more popular forum discussions.