• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

If this is a temporary post-viral fatigue then why aren't I feeling better?

Jesse2233

Yes, my autoimmune thyroiditis went away. I don't need medication any longer and my complete thyroid panel is normal.

It didn't really resolve on it's own though, but if you weren't paying attention, you would think so. It resolved about a year and a half after my last mercury filling was removed. I also had several other things improve around that time, consistent with removing mercury.

I'm currently chelating out mercury, lead and arsenic with the Cutler frequent dose chelation protocol.

Note that mercury does a number on your immune system. So if you have persistent viruses that you can't shake, that may be the reason.

Thanks Caledonia, that's very interesting

I'm still so angry right now that doctors are still making out that I'm going to get better. The chances of anyone recovering from PVFS are so low there's no point in considering the possibility. I seriously hate them for almost giving me false hope (I never believed them to begin with).

I don't know how I'm going to come to terms with being stuck like this forever. Even if I do improve a bit I will never go back to my past self, will always have to avoid physical exertion. I wish I had never been born and I'm only 18

Guys I just realized while I do have persistent post-viral fatigue, I don't have the neurological dysfunction, significant level of pain (I just get fleeting slight aches) or 24 hour delayed PEM (I feel bad immediately after exertion) that is associated with Myalgic Encephalomyeltits. What does this mean? I'm really confused lol

Hi Frustrated, thanks for asking these questions, as they are exactly the questions I now find myself asking.

We are now 7 months down the line - are you getting any better???? I really hope so.

nryanh94

Guys I just realized while I do have persistent post-viral fatigue, I don't have the neurological dysfunction, significant level of pain (I just get fleeting slight aches) or 24 hour delayed PEM (I feel bad immediately after exertion) that is associated with Myalgic Encephalomyeltits. What does this mean? I'm really confused lol
I'm right there with you, I have severe fatigue/ exhaustion. If I walk a quarter mile it feels like I ran 2 marathons in my legs, I have insomnia, and slight aches and pains but no PEM or significant (just minor brain fog.