Invisible Illness Awareness Week 2016: Our Voices Need to Be Heard
Never heard of Invisible Illness Awareness Week? You're not alone. Jody Smith sheds a little light to make it more visible
Discuss the article on the Forums.

If the Norway Rituximab trials are a success - Will it be available worldwide?

Discussion in 'Rituximab: News and Research' started by Apple, May 24, 2017.

1. Murph

Murph :)

I wrote this in a moment of objectivity but in reality, in my heart ,I had basically everything riding on this study. :'( I'm gutted to hear it found no difference between groups.

2. MEMum

MEMum Senior Member

It is disappointing @Murph, but I do believe it will help further understanding of the physiology and biochemistry of the disease. There may well be a subset of responders. F & M are definitely not giving up on ME research and other researchers worldwide are making progress too.

3. Kenny Banya

Kenny Banya Senior Member

Australia
    Well, I eat my hat.
    I have never heard of such a drug response rate in Phase II, to be statistically insignificant in Phase III

I can only hazard that the it was something to do with diagnostic criteria changes or a sub-group. It just doesn’t make sense.

Jo Best, perrier, pibee and 3 others like this.
  4. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    I never got an answer on the IVs in Cfs is not placebo since we do very well on IVs due to dysautonomia, so how did they adjust for that?

pibee likes this.
  5. pibee

pibee

i was considering this when i got iv saline bc dehydatation and then iv ceftiaxone..One day later huge improvent
    this would make sense if daily or weekly iv, but they got it only few times in a year right?

lnester7 likes this.
  6. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    I was ending up on the ER about once a month for a few months, and the IV benefited me for around 3 weeks or so. I think it would balance my electrolytes or something. I got my issue resolved ( I used to have massive nausea that would not stop until I went to ER and got a shot and got dyhadrated from vomiting). Is all ok now ( that was a horrible symptom that I do not witch to come back).
    But I guess the infusion might be some months apart. Still they have to see some increase on feelling good that might skew the results.

7. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    I don't believe the fluid of the IV plays any role in my case b/c my last two doses of Rituximab were three months apart and any fluid would be long gone. In addition, I do not do well with IV fluids and got pulmonary edema from IV saline in 2014. I require an unbelievably slow infusion speed and NO extra saline or Dextrose in order to tolerate the infusion. So I am the one person who does better with less fluid. But this might not apply to anyone else.

8. Sallyagerharris

Sallyagerharris

Berkshire UK
    Sorry trying to understand what is going on but are there reports that norweigan final clinical trials with rituxamib have not been successful??? Thanks

Mel9 likes this.
  9. Kenny Banya

Kenny Banya Senior Member

Australia
    Yes, unfortunately.

See more popular forum discussions.