1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Can You Come for a Visit? My ME/CFS Says No
My daughter and son-in-law just had a baby last week. We are thrilled. But we won't be able to see the baby or hold her any time soon. We won't be able to take over little gifts or help out with housework or babysitting.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

If money was no object...which treatment?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by snowathlete, Aug 26, 2012.

1. baccarat

baccarat Senior Member

They who? I thought you said the cause of CFS was linked to milk and carbs consumption...
    Real people who actually get better usually achieve that by sorting their infections out and/or remove their toxins load.
    Everything else gets better as a result.
  2. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Huh? References?
    (my bolding)

Sushi
    taniaaust1 likes this.
  3. SOC

SOC Moderator and Senior Member

USA
    Try reading the thread. I already mentioned some. :rolleyes: Don't talk about stuff you know nothing about.
    taniaaust1 and heapsreal like this.
  4. xks201

xks201 Senior Member

I meant to say that there are some abnormalities that are clear in CFS studies. Of course there is not one cause to every case of CFS. Yeah if you have an overgrowth of lactic acid producing bacteria that will cause CFS.
  5. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    hi heaps, can you remember around how much the cost of growth hormone is? and do you know if it would be covered if one is on a pension if one was found to have a deficiency of it?

thanks.

To the poster who said that this thread was pointless (or something those lines)... I personally think this is a great thread. I have an interest in what others would like to be doing to treat ME/CFS...
    Little Bluestem likes this.
  6. Dainty

Dainty Senior Member

Washington State
    Well, I'm currently on my dream treatment (which costs $60 a month, including a Dr. visit) but there's a bit of a catch: its efficacy is inversely proportional to the amount of stress, noise, EMFs, and other burdens placed on my body. It is bringing about permanent healing so I won't alays need to manage myself this closely, but in the meantime stressors can put a significant dent in my progress.

Ergo, my ideal treatment at this time, in adidtion to cranial ostoepathy, would be:
    1. An isolation tank - get to float with all noise and light shut out. Might even sleep in it.
    2. 10+ acres of quiet property, not too windy, lightly treed with some meadows. No crows.
    3. A swing. A very large swing. So I can enjoy the feeling of movement without expending much energy.
    4. A chemical-free hot tub to soak in
    5. A chemical free swimming pool or private lake to swim in
    6. A chemical-free building structure large enough for me to swing my arms around in. I'm thinking a yurt or similar tent-like structure pitched over a heated concrete slab to keep me warm.
    Yeah, I think that would do it. :love:
    SOC and Sushi like this.
  7. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois prairie, USA

Midwest, USA
    You would need some horses for those meadows. Then I suppose you would need someone to take care of them.
  8. Dainty

Dainty Senior Member

Washington State
    Are you volunteering?

Cookies can be arranged. I have connections. ;)
    SOC likes this.
  9. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    growth hormone is around $350 a month, as for it being covered under our aussie health system, buckleys and none even if u have low levels. only covered if your a child with growth problems.

If there is a way to improve stage 3/4 sleep then this would help our natural groth hormone. i have seen a study showing baclofen 9ncreases stage 3/4 sleep.

cheers!!!
    taniaaust1 likes this.
  10. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois prairie, USA

Midwest, USA
    :sluggish: I wish I could, but I just don't have the energy to care for horses right now. :sleep:
  11. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    At that price..it certainly comes under that "if money was no object" thing. Now I know why I dont hear of many people doing this.
  12. garcia

garcia Aristocrat Extraordinaire

London, UK
    I have tried growth hormone. I did badly on it. Made me worse. The hormonal experts say that growth hormone is the last hormone you should correct/supplement when all the others have been corrected first. I don't know if that is true, but certainly fits in with my case.

As for Xyrem, I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole. It can depress the CNS/respiratory drive, so potentially very risky. I have actually tried a drug for sleep which is chemically similar to xyrem, and it did depress my respiratory drive, so I am extra cautious about xyrem.

In answer to the question, if money were no object I would do some kind of environmental cure. Move to a pristine stress-free environment where I have my own personal chef cook salutogenic food for me. I'd also get daily massages, and other daily therapy. I'd have a personal assistant to manage everything so I could concentrate on being a patient, and not have to play doctor/ researcher / carer / organizer for myself as I currently do.

Somewhere near the beach/sea would be nice. And somewhere with some sun ...
    heapsreal likes this.
  13. xks201

xks201 Senior Member

XIFAXAN definitely ...now that I think about it.

See more popular forum discussions.