The Real ME: A Stock Photography Resource for the Media
We’ve all seen them in the news stories about ME/CFS: the guy in a suit at the office, yawning; the beautiful woman sitting at her desk with her immaculate make-up and elegantly coiffed hair, hand to her head and looking slightly pained.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension May be Caused by Reactivation of Latent Cerebral Toxoplasmosis

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by adreno, Aug 19, 2015.

1. adreno

adreno PR activist

https://www.novapublishers.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=38720

Intracranial Hypertension seems fairly common in ME. Thoughts?

Valentijn, rosie26, merylg and 3 others like this.
  2. DeGenesis

DeGenesis Senior Member

And to think I ate an undercooked patty the other day.

I have been interested in T. Gondii for a while. It is possibly implicated in schizophrenia, personality changes, slowed reflexes leading to motor collisions, eye damage in immunocompromised persons, and now, intracranial hypertension..

I get very obsessed about proper cooking hygiene and people around me seem to think I'm being very silly. I don't. If you think something isn't cooked thoroughly don't eat it. Don't make my mistake. So far I haven't had a fever or digestive upset so I think I dodged a bullet. I think it's also more common in pork as well.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
    adreno likes this.
  3. barbc56

barbc56 Senior Member

Are the authors saying this is the only reason for IIH or that it could be one of the reasons. The authors go on to say:

Did something get lost in the translation or am I lost as I don't know about this condition?

Barb

4. adreno

adreno PR activist

I've had my share of rare steaks, too :eek:

5. anciendaze

anciendaze Senior Member

I'd point out that Dr. Paul Cheney has been long talking about "leaky capillaries" in the brain, and about changes in regulation of fluids to reduce intracranial pressure as a compensating mechanism which causes dysregulation of fluids and electrolytes, plus the entire HPA axis. He does not however postulate a particular pathogen responsible.

I've been following research on invasion of endothelial tissues by cytotoxic T-cells as part of a runaway inflammatory response caused by signalling defects. This might also produce "leaky capillaries", and a cascade of problems like those seen in CFS.

We might be seeing a convergence of research on common problems caused by a variety of pathological processes.

See more popular forum discussions.