Phoenix Rising supports the Millions Missing global day of protest
Phoenix Rising is delighted to support the demands being made in the ME/CFS community’s first-ever global day of protest …
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Idiopathic CD4 Lymphocytopenia

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Daffodil, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

2. Overstressed

Overstressed Senior Member

Belgium
    Hi Sue,
    It would be interesting to know whether IL-7 would be effective against e.g. HTLV. Yet, I don't see any upcoming trials of IL-7 and HTLV.

Best wishes,
    OS.

3. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    I am concerned with IL-7 in ME especially if you have MCS as well. I am currently looking at the possibility that we have increased clonal expansion (i.e. a lot more) of gamma delta T cells. These cells require IL-7 in their differentiation. I do not know what supplementary IL-7 will do to their proliferation. Bye, Alex

4. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

yea....maybe this is only relevant to HIV. ..with HIV, they can use those CCR5 blockers and such...with other retroviruses they cannot....plus less serious retroviruses do not make the cells as unstable as HIV does.

5. *GG*

*GG* Senior Member

Concord, NH
    Love the Avatar, hope I can "borrow" it!

GG

6. tonydewitt

tonydewitt

Newark, NJ
    Please keep in mind that Tofacitinib will be officially approved by the FDA on November 21st, 2012. Although it is being used for arthritis, colitis, and psoriasis, it has been proven active against HTLV (and hypothetically XMRV).

Best wishes.

7. Marky90

Marky90 Science breeds knowledge, opinion breeds ignorance

What were the results of this study?

See more popular forum discussions.