• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Ibudilast help MCAS?

dreamydays

I wanted to post here for anyone looking into ibudilast. I ordered some from Japan and it has no effect on me at all and no side effects. I might as well have took a sugar pill. It was definitely legitimate, so my conclusion is that this medication is completely ineffective in treating ME and reducing neuro-inflammation.

As far as MCAS goes, I take montelukast and find it effective. I have also tried ketotifen which was ineffective in my case and gave me headaches. My partner who has ME and MCAS has had the same experience as me with regards to these three medications,

ebethc

I wanted to post here for anyone looking into ibudilast. I ordered some from Japan and it has no effect on me at all and no side effects. I might as well have took a sugar pill. It was definitely legitimate, so my conclusion is that this medication is completely ineffective in treating ME and reducing neuro-inflammation.

As far as MCAS goes, I take montelukast and find it effective. I have also tried ketotifen which was ineffective in my case and gave me headaches. My partner who has ME and MCAS has had the same experience as me with regards to these three medications,

same here..

1) ibudilast had no effect
2) montelukast is helpful
3) ketotifen made me want to go to sleep.. I have energy problems already - so, I can't take anything that makes me more tired.

THREE additions:
1) Quercetin and Rutin are the best mast cell inhibitors for me (def better than any of the above or anything else I've tried)... I'm going to try bioflavanoids next.
2) Wobenzym is an amazing general anti inflammatory... better than any pain meds I've tried
3) Mega DHA (2:1 DHA : EPA) is amazing for pain and inflammation... for some reason, the reverse formula (higher epa) is not at all the same for me... both Wobie and Mega DHA reduce sinus inflammation and ocular pressure