Phoenix Rising supports the Millions Missing global day of protest
Phoenix Rising is delighted to support the demands being made in the ME/CFS community’s first-ever global day of protest …
Discuss the article on the Forums.

IBS much improved after removing CHLORAMINE from my tap drinking water (not the same as chlorine)

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by Hip, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Hip

Hip Senior Member

No, what I do is break up 1 gram vitamin C effervescent tablets into fragments that are around 30mg. See this earlier post.

You could use vitamin C powder though. A pinch (between your thumb and forefinger) of vitamin C powder weighs about 50 mg.

ebethc likes this.
  2. ebethc

ebethc Senior Member

I read your posts and tried the high-dose selenium... wow... I feel like the edema is gone from my neck and upper chest... am I imagining that?? I'm hypothyroid, so I often feel sluggish and bloated.. fatigued, joint pain, brain fog.. I don't think that the thyroid causes all of that, but I really want to knock out the brain fog so i can WORK..

thanks.

Hip likes this.
  3. jason30

jason30 Senior Member

The Netherlands
    Thanks for this great tip Hip!
    I wonder if the form matters, I use ester-C. Can this be used as well?

4. Hip

Hip Senior Member

I would not think so. Ester-C® is calcium ascorbate. I think you would need the ascorbic acid form of vitamin C. Sodium ascorbate I don't think will work either.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
    jason30 likes this.
  5. jason30

jason30 Senior Member

The Netherlands
    Clearly, thanks Hip.

6. Starsister

Starsister Senior Member

US
    I have been using a reverse osmosis filter along with a fluoride filter for my water for years. Are you saying that even the RO system does not filter out chloramine?

MEMum likes this.
  7. Hip

Hip Senior Member

I don't know the answer offhand, but a quick Google search finds several statements that reverse osmosis does not remove chloramine, but some other statements say it does.

Starsister likes this.
  8. Starsister

Starsister Senior Member

US
    Important to check with our own particular brand of filter it sounds like!

9. L'engle

L'engle moogle

Canada
    I have the same situation. Our water tends to smell quite bleachy at some times of the year and I stopped drinking it a couple of years ago because my stomach would hurt after drinking it. I buy water from the grocery store and transfer it out of the plastic jug it is sold in to a glass container as quickly as I can.

10. flitza

flitza Senior Member

Got all excited about this. I checked the local water report and they do use chloramine. I use a Berkey countertop filter and according to their tests 99.9% of chloramine is removed. So that can't be it for me. But thanks for the informative post.

Starsister and Hip like this.

See more popular forum discussions.