New era for ME/CFS research as top cytokine study attracts media headlines
The immune systems of patients who have recently developed ME/CFS look markedly different from those who have been ill for much longer, according to a major new study from Drs. Ian Lipkin and Mady Hornig at Columbia University. This shift in immune function hadn’t been seen before.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

IBS & Chronic Fatigue 3 years after giardiasis infection

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Glynis Steele, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Glynis Steele

Glynis Steele Senior Member

Newcastle upon Tyne UK
    This study says there is an association between IBS and Chronic Fatigue after giardiasis infection, although I am unsure whether they mean CFS or just CF, which is why I have put this link in the Other Health News rather than Latest Research relating to CFS.

http://press.psprings.co.uk/gut/september/gut300220.pdf

2. Mary Poppins

Mary Poppins PJ Princess

I couldn't read the whole article, Glynis, but speaking from personal experience, I would say there's a causal link between giardia and chronic ill health. I was hospitalised about 5-6 years ago with it, and have not been the same, gastro intestinally speaking, ever since.

Thanks for posting the article.

3. LaurelW

LaurelW Senior Member

Utah
    I got mono two years after getting giardiasis, and got ME 2 years after that. When I got giardia, I took flagyl, and my acupuncturist friend said she had seen a link between taking flagyl and getting ME.

See more popular forum discussions.