1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
AVIVA Semi-Finals: National ME/FM Action Network is competing for $100,000
The National ME/FM Action Network in Canada is competing for $100,000 for biomedical research of ME and FM in the Aviva Community Fund contest. With thanks to all who helped, they made it through the first round of voting into the Semi-Finals.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

IACFS/ME Open Letter to Dr. Francis Collins Director National Institutes of Health

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Firestormm, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
    Sasha, Simon, WillowJ and 6 others like this.
  2. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    Anyone know if Prof. Julia Newton has been a director of IACFS/ME for long? Thanks :)

vli, aimossy and Bob like this.
  3. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    Apparently she was asked, then accepted and was elected at the conference in her absence. Cool :cool:

Sasha, Simon, Valentijn and 3 others like this.
  4. Kati

Kati Patient in training

Behavioral research? Ugggghhhhh

Wildcat, beaker, Valentijn and 3 others like this.
  5. CBS

CBS Senior Member

Western US
    Couldn't agree more (while banging head on desk...)!!!

NK17, Wildcat, beaker and 2 others like this.
  6. Kati

Kati Patient in training

This is obviously serving Fred Friedberg with his 600 000 coping-for-tired people grant.

7. NK17

NK17 Senior Member

Kati could "they" mean behavioral research on the wrong doings of the NIH?!
    Of course not ...

8. NK17

NK17 Senior Member

We the PWME should start compiling a Black Book of our "potential enemies", it should be a testament for future generations to be very careful in whom they put their trust when dealing with what the establishment calls "medical mysteries".
    IMHO ME/CFS is just a step behind MS in being a medical mystery, but I might be wrong.
    Many if not all autoimmune diseases are very complex, heterogeneous and multifactorial in their presentation, etiogenesis and pathogenesis.
    I also think that some long time ME/CFS researcher have focused on the fatigue, because they play the same game that the government has being playing with PWME.
    The problem is that our broken lives are not a game and as PWMS before us we're not only fatigued!

See more popular forum discussions.