Review: 'Through the Shadowlands’ describes Julie Rehmeyer's ME/CFS Odyssey
I should note at the outset that this review is based on an audio version of the galleys and the epilogue from the finished work. Julie Rehmeyer sent me the final version as a PDF, but for some reason my text to voice software (Kurzweil) had issues with it. I understand that it is...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

IACFS/ME INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE REQUESTS SUPPORT

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by Sing, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Sing

Sing Senior Member

New England
    TO THE ME/CFS, FM AND RELATED ILLNESSES COMMUNITY

I would like to warmly thank Lydia Neilson for this important opportunity to appeal to you on behalf of the International Association for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME (IACFS/ME; a non-profit organization; www.iacfsme.org). Our upcoming research and clinical conference (Sept. 22-25, 2011) the only international professional and patient conference dedicated to CFS/ME and FM -- will be held in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada (www.iacfsme.org). We hope to see you there.

Our organization, founded in 1994, strongly advocates for biomedical research and improved patient care for people with CFS/ME and FM. In the past two years, we have increased our service to the community by publishing a quarterly scientific journal (Bulletin of the IACFS/ME) and the IACFS/ME Newsletter which reports on current issues on CFS/ME.

We have also posted IACFS/ME position statements on critical and timely issues including the PACE trial, DSM-5 Somatic Symptom Disorder, the delayed publication of an important MLV retrovirus study, and the (US) CDC leadership of their CFS program. Our strong advocacy statements have also been regularly voiced in public testimony at the CFS Advisory Committee meetings in Washington, DC since 2009. We are now developing a new CFS/ME clinical practice manual for physicians (to be discussed at the Ottawa meeting).

I am asking for your support of the upcoming Ottawa conference in order to continue the important work of the IACFS/ME. A donation in any amount will help to sustain our mission of scientific advocacy and improved patient care. To donate, click here: http://iacfsme.org/Home/SupportTheConference/tabid/471/Default.aspx

With your support, we will continue to offer our biennial research and clinical conferences an important venue to engage medical professionals in the field CFS/ME and FM. To make a donation click here:

http://iacfsme.org/Home/SupportTheConference/tabid/471/Default.aspx

Thank you.

With best regards,

Fred

Fred Friedberg, PhD

President

IACFS/ME

Lydia
    Lydia E. Neilson, M.S.M. , Founder
    Chief Executive Officer
    NATIONAL ME/FM ACTION NETWORK
    512 - 33 Banner Road
    Nepean, ON K2H 8V7 Canada
    Tel. 613.829.6667
    Fax 613.829.8518
    Email: mefmaction@ncf.ca
    www.mefmaction.com

NATIONAL ME/FM ACTION NETWORK - HOST OF THE IACFS/ME INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH & CLINICAL CONFERENCE - OTTAWA, CANADA

SEPTEMBER 22 - 25, 2011

For details on agendas and registration, please visit:

Member of www.iacfsme.org

2. *GG*

*GG* Senior Member

Concord, NH
    I dontated the max during Vivent contest.

GG

PS Please donate if you can people.

See more popular forum discussions.