Did You Have Yourself a Crashy Little Christmas?
Jody Smith may have dodged a holiday bullet this year. She's hoping. Only time will tell. How did you fare?
Discuss the article on the Forums.

I think Earthing cured my dysautonomia/POTS

Discussion in 'Autonomic, Cardiovascular, and Respiratory' started by ask2266, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Chris

Chris Senior Member

Victoria, BC
    I bought an earthing 1/2 sheet quite a while ago, and plugged it into the mains outlet ground hoping for the best. I live in a small old apartment building, and know nothing about the grounding of the electrical circuitry. Some months ago I unplugged, since the sheet did not seem to be helping, and honestly I think my sleep has improved. I suspect that particularly with the arrival of "smart" meters there may be so much high frequency noise going to ground that some of it invades any circuitry connected to the ground--grounding in a high population area may be counter-productive?

But last fall I started walking barefoot on the beach very close to where I live, and that did seem helpful--will start again when we warm up a bit more (Victoria BC is a rather northerly place....). Chris
    dannybex and Wayne like this.
  2. pp901

Hi Ask2266, you are the first person ice seen that can't lie back like me. I'm so sick. I treated a virus and it's left me half dead. But you said you were in bed when used this. How did you get out of the chair? I really need to speak with you. I wanna know more. I can't even get diagnosed. Help. How can I reach you. Thanks, pp901
  3. aaron_c

aaron_c Senior Member

@Hip Thank you for your work investigating earthing. Although I should know better by now, I continue to be amazed by the level of discourse at phoenixrising.

I am going through the threads on earthing (again) to see if I can find some thread of commonality that might determine who earthing works for.

One question particularly for you: You mentioned that microcurrents between 10 and 500 microamps more or less increased rat metabolism, but that microcurrents above 1000 microamps decreased it. Do the voltages that you theorize earthing would send through our bodies straddle those numbers in any ways? Put another way: If one reduces one's voltage from 2.7 volts to .2 volts (this from a youtube video on earthing) what kind of microamp current do you theorize would be flowing through our bodies? Can we know?

My apologies if I have not used the vocabulary correctly!

Thanks in advance.
  4. Hip

Hip Senior Member

If you read this post, I mention I took electrical multimeter readings of 0.2 microamps AC flowing between my body and the earth when I was indoors. When I moved my body or limbs to within one foot or less of a power adaptor plug, I found that the current flowing went up to 1 microamp.

To put this in perspective, the current that flows in your body when you use a TENS machine is around 10,000 microamps.

There is nothing "natural" about earthing though, since this current that flows while you are earthed is due to the 50 to 60 Hz main electrical hum present in the house.

After an initial good effect, I slept badly while earthed, and I was in fact quite surprised how such a small current could so easily affect my sleep.
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
    aaron_c and Sparrowhawk like this.

See more popular forum discussions.