1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
A disease with two faces? Re-naming ME/CFS
Persuasion Smith covers the bases on the misleading and disreputable name for our disease we've all been saddled with ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

I tested positive for CPN

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by Charles555nc, May 3, 2012.

1. Charles555nc

Charles555nc Senior Member

CPN= Chlamydia Pneumoniae. I was wondering if anyone knew any supplements that would be good for killing it.

2. mellster

mellster Marco

San Francisco
    NAC is good 2-3 times a day 600mg at least - some need ABX but I guess it also depends on the concentration, what was the dilution factor where ABs where still measurable?

3. xrunner

xrunner Senior Member

Surrey
    The cpnhelp.org site has comprehensive info on protocols and supplements that may work against CPn.
    You'll probably have to use antibiotics for it. Different antibiotics can kill all different forms although it's almost impossible to get rid of the infection for good.

Of all supplements only NAC seems effective but only against the extracellular elementary bodies. NAC is not a safe option if you have any mercury in your system.
    In any case, you'll need to address also the other two CPn forms, the intracellular reticular bodies and cryptic forms which will require a combination antibiotics. At some point, it's likely you'll also have to think about biofilm.

Also, if your macrophages are working as they should you have a much better chance of success, as I understand we need those to deal with both intra and extra cellular bacteria. For this, other strategies other than antibiotics may be needed.

All the best

http://cpnhelp.org/summary_chart_of_differen

See more popular forum discussions.