• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I tested positive for CPN

Charles555nc

CPN= Chlamydia Pneumoniae. I was wondering if anyone knew any supplements that would be good for killing it.

mellster

Marco
NAC is good 2-3 times a day 600mg at least - some need ABX but I guess it also depends on the concentration, what was the dilution factor where ABs where still measurable?

xrunner

The cpnhelp.org site has comprehensive info on protocols and supplements that may work against CPn.
You'll probably have to use antibiotics for it. Different antibiotics can kill all different forms although it's almost impossible to get rid of the infection for good.

Of all supplements only NAC seems effective but only against the extracellular elementary bodies. NAC is not a safe option if you have any mercury in your system.
In any case, you'll need to address also the other two CPn forms, the intracellular reticular bodies and cryptic forms which will require a combination antibiotics. At some point, it's likely you'll also have to think about biofilm.

Also, if your macrophages are working as they should you have a much better chance of success, as I understand we need those to deal with both intra and extra cellular bacteria. For this, other strategies other than antibiotics may be needed.

All the best

http://cpnhelp.org/summary_chart_of_differen